The Hawk Wrestling Team qualified ten wrestlers for next weeks Sectionals at Racine Park which was good enough for second place in the eight team Regional Tournament. Franklin captured the title with 246 points to 203.5 for Greenfield while conference rival Whitnall had 165 for third place.
Champions for the Hawks were Steve Fisher at 125 (35-5), Kevin Vazquez at 145 (26-9), and Patrick Bruyette at 215 (38-2). Second place finishers were Andrew Patrick at 103 (12-21), Taylor Wirtz at 130 (27-13), Carmello Caputa at 189 (20-8), and William Sura at 285 (19-9). Third place went to Jake McClanahan at 171 (28-12) and Tyler Flink at 152 (22-20) while Kyle Miller finished in fourth at 160 (8-20). Bruyette's three victories put him over the 100 win mark at 101 and places him in seventh place in Hawk History.
"Our three champions appear to have the best chance to advance to the state tournament in Madison on February 25th. Our other seven kids have tough weight classes but have a chance if they wrestle their absolute best. You have to be agressive and to be truthful, you need a little bit of luck as well. Staying healthy and injury free is a key part of making it. We found that out Saturday as Andrew Krueger could not advance. He was not able to practice much during the week due to illness and he could not get his strength where it needed to be to qualify. He finished the season with a fine 30-10 mark at 140 pounds.
The top two at each weight class this week will qualify for state. The meet will be held at Racine Park High School on Saturday, February 20th and begin at approximately 10 a.m. There are four wrestlers from our Regional along with the top four from the Marquette Regional at each weight attempting to get to Madison.
- Greenfield High School Junior Sets Speedskating National Marathon Record (1)
- Whitnall Boys Cross Country team takes 3rd at sectionals
- GARNER Does it again
- UPDATED: Greenfield Little League 2014 Registration
- Gunners FC Winter Camp
- 11U Milwaukee Angels win 3rd Straight State Title
- Greenfield Hustlin' Hawks to play at Miller Park
- Whitnall Youth Baseball Camp
- Antonia Miracola Takes Third Place At WI Short Track Championships
- Eleven Whitnall Wrestlers Advance To Sectional; Falcons Tie For Second At Regional