The current race for school board has turned into a black eye for the city of Greenfield. Here you have a local race that has turned into a name calling, tax money wasting fiasco caused by the incumbents and their cronies. They have wasted our tax payer dollars by making false allegations that showed only that Don Carlson is an honest and hard working man. They have wasted our tax dollars by being lazy and not looking hard and deep at ways to keep our school tax levy reasonable and instead both voted "YES" to an increase of 11.2%. Double that of any other school board in our area. Then they have the gall to blame it on someone else. In a recent article on Yahoo, "it wasn't my fault" was listed as the number one thing NOT to say to your boss (taxpayers)---both of the incumbents have said it over and over.
Now they have their spouses attacking Don. They accuse him of being a Libertarian and while he certainly leans that way, but he is not a member of ANY political party. Seems to me that one should be proud to lean Libertarian. Libertarians haven't brought us government MANDATED health insurance. Libertarians haven't told us we can't smoke in our local tavern. Libertarians haven't told us we have to pay more than 50% of our earnings in some form of tax or fee (tax) to all 5 (now that we have a regional transit authority) layers of government. This for services you can't recieve. Libertarians haven't ignored your calls not to bail out the Big 3 or AIG or BoA or Wall Street. Libertarians didn't make you pay for a private companies place of business with a sales tax. (Miller Park tax--passed by Republican controlled state house) Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.
If you are tired of more taxes with no better results and ever increasing wages and benefits for the administrators and unions then vote for my fellow veterans Don Carlson and Dave Richlen. They will spend your money as if it is their own and will make the right choices for our kids and our future.
- Alverno College Will Hold its 152nd Commencement on December 18 and 19
- St. John the Evangelist Announces Open House
- Alverno College Names Wendy Powers Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
- UW-Parkside announces 2012-2013 Greenfield graduate
- Alverno College Appoints Vice President for Enrollment Services
- Alverno College Professor Honored for Distinguished Achievement in Teacher Education
- Alverno College students will donate 170 Thanksgiving dinners to Hunger Task Force
- Alverno College Holds its 145th Commencement on May 18 and 19
- Local students named to Carroll University dean's list--fall 2011
- Greenfield High School 2012 Community Rummage Sale