After its largest turnout in 2009, the fourth annual Greenfield Parks and Recreation singles adult tennis tournament returns for another year.
And it's rapidly approaching.
The tournament will take place on July 10 at the newly-renovated Greenfield High School beginning at approximately 9 a.m. GHS is loacted on the corner of 4800 S. 60th St.
All participants are guaranteed to play at least three matches, and trophies will be handed out for first, second and third-place finishers.
First-round, semifinal and championship matches will be two out of three sets, while the consolation round is a nine-game pro-set.
Any tennis player who is a 3.0 (Adv. Beginner) to 5.0 (experienced) is eligible to sign up.
The fee is $7 for Greenfield residents, while it is $14 for non-residents.
Participants can sign up at the Greenfield Parks and Recreation Office (Second Floor, Room 200) inside Greenfield's City Hall located at 7325 W. Forest Home Ave.
The deadline to signup is July 8.
Last year's field featured 17 individuals, featuring participants from Greenfield, Milwaukee, Glendale and Belgium.
Chandrakant Dharme, of Greenfield, won the championship last year defeating Eric Groncki, the 2008 champion.
For more information on the event, please contact the Greenfield Parks and Recreation Department at (414) 329-5370 or at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Character Education Recognized in South Milwaukee: South Milwaukee School District Earns State District of Character Award
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- New Study Spaces at Franklin Public Library
- New Home for Uncle Ned's Consignment Liquidation & Estate Sales, LLC
- Franklin Public Library Author Talk with Carrie Reichartz
- National Youth Wind Orchestra of Luxembourg to perform
- Back to School Special
- Crafters, classic car owners, community groups sought for community event
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive