After its largest turnout in 2009, the fourth annual Greenfield Parks and Recreation singles adult tennis tournament returns for another year.
And it's rapidly approaching.
The tournament will take place on July 10 at the newly-renovated Greenfield High School beginning at approximately 9 a.m. GHS is loacted on the corner of 4800 S. 60th St.
All participants are guaranteed to play at least three matches, and trophies will be handed out for first, second and third-place finishers.
First-round, semifinal and championship matches will be two out of three sets, while the consolation round is a nine-game pro-set.
Any tennis player who is a 3.0 (Adv. Beginner) to 5.0 (experienced) is eligible to sign up.
The fee is $7 for Greenfield residents, while it is $14 for non-residents.
Participants can sign up at the Greenfield Parks and Recreation Office (Second Floor, Room 200) inside Greenfield's City Hall located at 7325 W. Forest Home Ave.
The deadline to signup is July 8.
Last year's field featured 17 individuals, featuring participants from Greenfield, Milwaukee, Glendale and Belgium.
Chandrakant Dharme, of Greenfield, won the championship last year defeating Eric Groncki, the 2008 champion.
For more information on the event, please contact the Greenfield Parks and Recreation Department at (414) 329-5370 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 2015 U14 Wisconsin Warriors Baseball Tryouts!!
- Alverno College Names Wendy Powers Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
- Required School Supplies More than Families Can Afford
- Alverno College Appoints Eileen Sherman Dean of Business
- Second Saturday Aug 9 10am Oak Creek Community Center
- Register NOW for K3, K4 - 8th Grade
- Jr Hawks U14 Tryouts for 2015
- Greenfield Artists at Firefly Art Fair
- 6 Tool Select Baseball ryouts
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial