Matthew R. Polakowski, a Senior at Greenfield High School and a member of Boy Scout Troop 596, had his Eagle Court of Honor on Sunday, April 18, 2010 at St. Alphonsus Parish in Greendale. Reaching the rank of Eagle was a culmination of 12 years of dedicated and honorable participation in a variety of Boy Scout of America programs and activities. Matthew has earned 47 merit badges, was elected to the Order of the Arrow, and experienced three high adventure trips; The Boundary Waters in Minnesota, white water rafting in West Virginia, and sailing at the Sea Base in The Florida Keys. Matthew had served in varies leadership roles within his troop including Patrol Leader and Senior Patrol Leader. Matthew has participated in a variety of school activities including volleyball, basketball, golf, pep band, marching band, pit orchestra, and solo ensemble competition. He also competed with his science team at MSOE. Matthew has been on the honor roll every semester and is a member of the National Honor Society.
As part of Matthew’s Eagle Scout Project, Matthew initiated a plan, secured donations, and constructed various storage units for classrooms at Elm Dale Elementary School in Greenfield. In addition he constructed an Industrial Arts display case for student projects at the Greenfield Middle School. Having invested 208 hours of their time, Matthew led his fellow scouts, friends, and adult volunteers to complete these tasks. With the support of Mr. James Lucas, the Tech Ed teacher at the Greenfield Middle School, these tasks where accomplished in the Greenfield Middle Schools Tech Ed Room.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Nine Kitchen Storage Solutions
- Memorial Day Program
- Spectrum Communications Hits the Big 3-0
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- Engineering Students Sorting Out Details of a Tough Project
- Alverno College Will Hold its 147th Commencement on May 17 and 18
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
- River Cruise Seminar
- Kradwell School celebrates 50 years of changing lives
- Generous Donation Will Double Alverno College Bike Exchange Program