Help Liberty Tax Dunk Cancer
PRESS INFORMATION CONTACT: Jude Tindall
For Immediate Release Title: Owner
Date 4/1/2010 phone: 414-745-5112
Liberty Tax Service Holds Roadside Party Event to Benefit the
American Cancer Society Relay For Life®
(Milwaukee, WI) April 14th thru April 15th, Liberty Tax Service is hosting a roadside party event to benefit the American Cancer Society Relay For Life® taking place in June. The Liberty Tax Service office at 5220 South 27th Street invites the public to a family-friendly day with the opportunity to win FREE tax returns by offering all those that attend to take their shot at the IRS! They will get to dunk Walter the IRS Man in a dunk tank. $5 buys five throws with that $5 going straight to the American Cancer Society. Dunk Walter with the money ball and you win a FREE tax return! All participants will receive $20 off their tax returns. Lady Liberty will be serving refreshments and handing out free crowns for the kids. Our store will donate $5 to the American Cancer Society for every return we do April 14th and 15th.
“Relay for Life is a unique event and opportunity to contribute to the American Cancer Society’s mission of saving lives, by helping people get and stay well, by finding cures and fighting back,” said Jude Tindall, Owner, of Liberty Tax Service at 5220 South 27th Street. “It’s also exciting that funds we raise help efforts in our community.”
As a new National Sponsor, Liberty Tax is committed to organizing 500 teams for the upcoming American Cancer Society Relay For Life® events taking place across the nation, and will be participating in a local event June 25th and 26th. For more details about forming a Relay for Life team, visit http://www.relayforlife.org/relay.
About American Cancer Society Relay For Life®
Volunteers are committed to fighting cancer in their communities year round, but once a year, they gather at the American Cancer Relay For Life® to celebrate survivors and caregivers, remember loved ones lost and to gain inspiration for the fight.
Each of the more than 4,800 Relays nationwide is a fun-filled, overnight event that mobilizes communities to celebrate survivors (anyone who has ever been diagnosed with cancer), remember loved ones and raise money for the fight against cancer. Teams of eight to 15 members gather with tents and sleeping bags with the goal of keeping on person on the track at all times. Relay For Life® brings together friends, families, businesses, hospitals, schools, churches ... people from all walks of life. Teams seek sponsorship prior to the Relay, all with the goal of eliminating cancer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Thomas More High School Prepares for Recycling Drive
- Holiday Folk Fair to Help Celebrate Italian Heritage Month
- Catholic Singles Halloween Dance
- 2015 Franklin Lioness Craft Fair Set for Oct. 24; Proceeds Support Scholarships for MATC Students
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- MIAW Pro Wrestling Returns to Papa Luigi's
- Former Milwaukee Mayor John Norquist, Venice Williams of Alice’s Garden and more to lead the 2015 Alverno Community Conference
- Stephanie Marie Dance Company and City of Greenfield Parks and Recreation Welcome All-Star Dancer and Choreographer Stephen “tWitch” Boss
- INTERFAITH HOSTING ANNUAL NEIGHBORHOOD OUTREACH FUNDRAISER TO SUPPORT SENIORS IN THE COMMUNITY
- Two Brothers One Mind are Bringing the Midwest Monthly Magic Circuit to Milwaukee!!