If you're looking for fine-crafted houses that are "for the birds" ---artist Alan Buss of Grafton will be happy to sell you some.
Seeking the unique? Elm Grove resident Fred Ericksen is destined to create plenty of sustained "buzz" with his own "bee house" creations.
"The birds and the bees" are just two of the many themes set to delight visitors at the Elm Grove Woman's Club's annual arts and crafts show: "Springtime in the Grove" on Saturday, March 27 and Sunday, March 28 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days at 13885 Watertown Plank Road, Elm Grove.
Local artists also participating in this popular fund-raising event include:
Wauwatosa: Michael Wollet (chalkware); Penny Stark (mosaics, antiques);
Scott Rondeau (candy bouquet); Krista Bavinka (jewelry)
New Berlin: Cathy Frye (quilts)
Menomonee Falls: JoAnne Kopischke (jewelry); Annalies Gebert (gourds)
West Allis: Susan McLaughlin (ink on glass); Lynne Rubin (raku pottery);
Cookie Burgert (scarves)
Franklin: Kim Nowak (folk art); Toni Anspach (yard art)
Greenfield: Maria Kurtz (folk art); Karen Peltier (English toffee); Stan Drida
(watercolors); Cathy Adamas (jewelry & bags); Earlean Kurtin (gourds)
Sussex: Debbie Prince (jewelry)
Mukwonago: Ursala McCarthy (clothing)
Delafield: Victoria Patterson (candles)
Hartford: Cathy Zivkovich (pillows)
Waterford: Pam Talsky (baskets)
Admission is $3. Call the Elm Grove Woman's Club at (262) 782-5930 for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- SM Historical Society "Decorating for the Holidays" Seminar
- A Nostalgic Afternoon
- Julius Jr. Experience Comes to Greendale at Southridge Mall on Sept. 20
- THE 3rd ANNUAL REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL is back!
- Nancy's Run, Rock & Stroll- Saturday September 20th!!
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Alverno College highest in the state in its “Strong Commitment to Teaching” category for the fifth consecutive year
- Tool Time at the St. Francis Library
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- Local Youth Advocate Attends Anti-Tobacco Training in Washington, D.C.
- Local Wins Gold Award for Middle-Grade Book, 'George Knows'.