If you're looking for fine-crafted houses that are "for the birds" ---artist Alan Buss of Grafton will be happy to sell you some.
Seeking the unique? Elm Grove resident Fred Ericksen is destined to create plenty of sustained "buzz" with his own "bee house" creations.
"The birds and the bees" are just two of the many themes set to delight visitors at the Elm Grove Woman's Club's annual arts and crafts show: "Springtime in the Grove" on Saturday, March 27 and Sunday, March 28 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days at 13885 Watertown Plank Road, Elm Grove.
Local artists also participating in this popular fund-raising event include:
Wauwatosa: Michael Wollet (chalkware); Penny Stark (mosaics, antiques);
Scott Rondeau (candy bouquet); Krista Bavinka (jewelry)
New Berlin: Cathy Frye (quilts)
Menomonee Falls: JoAnne Kopischke (jewelry); Annalies Gebert (gourds)
West Allis: Susan McLaughlin (ink on glass); Lynne Rubin (raku pottery);
Cookie Burgert (scarves)
Franklin: Kim Nowak (folk art); Toni Anspach (yard art)
Greenfield: Maria Kurtz (folk art); Karen Peltier (English toffee); Stan Drida
(watercolors); Cathy Adamas (jewelry & bags); Earlean Kurtin (gourds)
Sussex: Debbie Prince (jewelry)
Mukwonago: Ursala McCarthy (clothing)
Delafield: Victoria Patterson (candles)
Hartford: Cathy Zivkovich (pillows)
Waterford: Pam Talsky (baskets)
Admission is $3. Call the Elm Grove Woman's Club at (262) 782-5930 for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Spring Salad Luncheom
- Auction Benefits Outdoor Recreation
- Alverno College Cancels Classes For One Day So Students Can Volunteer
- Zumbathon Benefitting Generations Against Bullying
- Ukranian Folk Rock Will Wrap Up Alverno Presents' 55th Season
- Falcon Fest Organizers hope to exceed $10,000 goal
- Third-annual On Deck event set for April 25
- Zone Baseball Kicks Off Its Inaugural Season
- Holocaust Remembrance Day at Franklin Public Library
- Beth Stoddard: Landscapes and Still Lifes Art Exhibition of Oil Paintings at the Greenfield Public Libarary, April 2015