“Where East Meets West: Alternative Medicine in the 21st Century” is the topic to be presented Friday, March 5, at the Hales Corners Woman's Club meeting.
The program will be given by Sherris Corby, Practice Manager at The Ommani Center for Integrative Medicine, at 1 p.m. in the Ben Hunt Room at the Hales Corners Library. Prospective members and other interested persons in the community are welcome to attend.
Sherris Corby became interested in the benefits of integrative healthcare thirty years ago when she was a student at Marquette University. After graduating, she worked as a corporate consultant in fringe benefits and risk management for many years, later pursuing her Master’s certificate in Waldorf education from Sunbridge College at Spring Valley, NY. She went on to teach in an alternative ‘healing’ based, art and music pedagogy.
Since 2006 Ms. Corby began working as practice manager for The Ommani Center for Integrative Medicine where she currently enjoys assisting and educating patients about the values of blending allopathic and complementary medicine.
At the meeting on Friday, Ms. Corby will discuss the various forms of alternative medicine which are rapidly gaining acceptance in this country.
For questions about the program or Hales Corners Woman's Club, call 414-425-4066.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- rummage and craft sale
- 3rd Annual Greenfield H.S. Cheerleaders Rummage Sale
- Introduction to Tablets & e-Readers: Hands on Experience with Experts from Best Buy
- Help clients plan and prepare for a retirement that is both financially and emotionally successful
- SM Historical Society "Decorating for the Holidays" Seminar
- A Nostalgic Afternoon
- Julius Jr. Experience Comes to Greendale at Southridge Mall on Sept. 20
- Nancy's Run, Rock & Stroll- Saturday September 20th!!
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Alverno College highest in the state in its “Strong Commitment to Teaching” category for the fifth consecutive year
- Tool Time at the St. Francis Library