“Where East Meets West: Alternative Medicine in the 21st Century” is the topic to be presented Friday, March 5, at the Hales Corners Woman's Club meeting.
The program will be given by Sherris Corby, Practice Manager at The Ommani Center for Integrative Medicine, at 1 p.m. in the Ben Hunt Room at the Hales Corners Library. Prospective members and other interested persons in the community are welcome to attend.
Sherris Corby became interested in the benefits of integrative healthcare thirty years ago when she was a student at Marquette University. After graduating, she worked as a corporate consultant in fringe benefits and risk management for many years, later pursuing her Master’s certificate in Waldorf education from Sunbridge College at Spring Valley, NY. She went on to teach in an alternative ‘healing’ based, art and music pedagogy.
Since 2006 Ms. Corby began working as practice manager for The Ommani Center for Integrative Medicine where she currently enjoys assisting and educating patients about the values of blending allopathic and complementary medicine.
At the meeting on Friday, Ms. Corby will discuss the various forms of alternative medicine which are rapidly gaining acceptance in this country.
For questions about the program or Hales Corners Woman's Club, call 414-425-4066.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin Public Library Children’s Department adds
- The Great Decisions Series is a Great Decision at the Franklin Public Library
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Alverno College Will Hold its 150th Commencement on December 19 and 20
- Greenfield Schools Kick off "Holiday Sharing" Event
- 2015 Greenfield Little League Registration Now Open
- With Holidays Upon Us, BBB Offers Travel Insurance Tips
- 6th Annual Greenfield Library Holiday Bake Sale on December 13
- FREE New Years Resolution Tranformation
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive