“Where East Meets West: Alternative Medicine in the 21st Century” is the topic to be presented Friday, March 5, at the Hales Corners Woman's Club meeting.
The program will be given by Sherris Corby, Practice Manager at The Ommani Center for Integrative Medicine, at 1 p.m. in the Ben Hunt Room at the Hales Corners Library. Prospective members and other interested persons in the community are welcome to attend.
Sherris Corby became interested in the benefits of integrative healthcare thirty years ago when she was a student at Marquette University. After graduating, she worked as a corporate consultant in fringe benefits and risk management for many years, later pursuing her Master’s certificate in Waldorf education from Sunbridge College at Spring Valley, NY. She went on to teach in an alternative ‘healing’ based, art and music pedagogy.
Since 2006 Ms. Corby began working as practice manager for The Ommani Center for Integrative Medicine where she currently enjoys assisting and educating patients about the values of blending allopathic and complementary medicine.
At the meeting on Friday, Ms. Corby will discuss the various forms of alternative medicine which are rapidly gaining acceptance in this country.
For questions about the program or Hales Corners Woman's Club, call 414-425-4066.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fall into Free Fun!
- 2015 U14 Wisconsin Warriors Baseball Tryouts!!
- Alverno College Names Wendy Powers Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
- Required School Supplies More than Families Can Afford
- Alverno College Appoints Eileen Sherman Dean of Business
- Second Saturday Aug 9 10am Oak Creek Community Center
- Register NOW for K3, K4 - 8th Grade
- Jr Hawks U14 Tryouts for 2015
- Greenfield Artists at Firefly Art Fair
- 6 Tool Select Baseball ryouts