“Where East Meets West: Alternative Medicine in the 21st Century” is the topic to be presented Friday, March 5, at the Hales Corners Woman's Club meeting.
The program will be given by Sherris Corby, Practice Manager at The Ommani Center for Integrative Medicine, at 1 p.m. in the Ben Hunt Room at the Hales Corners Library. Prospective members and other interested persons in the community are welcome to attend.
Sherris Corby became interested in the benefits of integrative healthcare thirty years ago when she was a student at Marquette University. After graduating, she worked as a corporate consultant in fringe benefits and risk management for many years, later pursuing her Master’s certificate in Waldorf education from Sunbridge College at Spring Valley, NY. She went on to teach in an alternative ‘healing’ based, art and music pedagogy.
Since 2006 Ms. Corby began working as practice manager for The Ommani Center for Integrative Medicine where she currently enjoys assisting and educating patients about the values of blending allopathic and complementary medicine.
At the meeting on Friday, Ms. Corby will discuss the various forms of alternative medicine which are rapidly gaining acceptance in this country.
For questions about the program or Hales Corners Woman's Club, call 414-425-4066.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield Actress Performs in Acacia Theatre's "Opal"
- Fourth of July, Festa Italiana, Good Health and Good Deeds … All Together!
- Neighborhood Block Party
- Milwaukee IndyFest Returns to The Milwaukee Mile July 11-12
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Annual Flag Day at The Berkshire of Greendale
- WAMI WINNER SCOTT E. BERENDT & THE US PROJECT TO PERFORM AT FOURTH OF JULY COMMUNITY BASH
- Get Pop-Cultured with Barnes & Noble Greenfield, WI
- Marching Band Competition at New Berlin Eisenhower High School
- Let's Prevent Another Chemical Incident