The City of Milwaukee is taking a new initiative to fight graffiti using peer-to-peer communication. Thanks in part to winning a grant from Keep America Beautiful, the City will be hosting a contest to encourage kids to come up with a 30 second Public Service Announcement (PSA) that will air on Milwaukee’s 103.7 KISS-FM. The winners of the contest will participate in the professional production of their radio PSA at the KISS-FM studios. The theme of the initiative is “Graffiti In Any Language Is Wrong!”
The top three winners of the PSA contest will be picked up from their schools by limousines and driven to the KISS-FM studios for the professional production of their winning commercial. A special “making of” video showing the behind the scenes work of crafting the PSA will air on Milwaukee Cable TV Channel 25.
The contest will be open to all Milwaukee County kids from ages 13 to 18 years old. Posters from the Milwaukee School of Languages will be on display in March 2010 at City Hall when the contest winner is announced. A special anti-graffiti web page featuring information about the contest, information about anti-graffiti efforts, alternative activities for youth and educational materials about graffiti, will be linked on the KISS-FM website at www.1037kissfm.com. Actual production of the radio PSA is slated for March 2010. Pictures and the PSA’s from the runners-up and contest entrants will be posted on the radio station’s website for their friends to look at.
pictures and other info will be posted after the recording on wednesday March 3rd later that night!!!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Thanks Donors with Complimentary Gas Card
- Alverno College Students Awarded Scholarships
- How to Choose a Trustworthy Plumber
- Blessing of Bikers and Bikes
- Greenfield Youth Basketball Club Tryouts (Boys)
- WOW! Women of Wisconsin Exhibit to Open at Alverno College
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Character Education Recognized in South Milwaukee: South Milwaukee School District Earns State District of Character Award
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- New Study Spaces at Franklin Public Library