Students, parents, residents, and alumni are invited to bring their swim suits and towels to the Greenfield High School Swimming Pool Grand Opening Celebration on Saturday, January 9, 2010. The celebration will include a free open swim from 10:30 AM to noon. The day’s festivities will begin with a dedication ceremony at 9 AM in the natatorium that will feature members of the Greenfield High School Girls’ Swim Team. Tours of the Greenfield High School facility will be given upon the completion of the dedication ceremony. Free refreshments and beverages will be served. Swimmers are asked to bring their own locks to secure their possessions in the locker rooms.
CHILDREN UNDER 14 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT DURING THE OPEN SWIM.
NO SWIMMING INSTRUCTION WILL BE PROVIDED DURING THE OPEN SWIM. THE OPEN SWIM IS NOT INTENDED FOR BEGINNER OR NON-SWIMMERS.
Greenfield High School is located at 4800 S. 60 St.
The Greenfield High School swimming pool natatorium was made possible through a referendum in April of 2008. The WIAA regulation-size pool is 25-yards long and boasts the following features:
•Eight-lanes with starting blocks
•A 12-foot deep end for competitive diving
•Two diving boards
•Dedicated pool locker rooms (separate from the physical education locker rooms)
•Family changing areas and locker room
•A concession stand
•Seating capacity for over 400 spectators
•Access for the disabled
While the pool is primarily intended to support the physical education curriculum and inter-scholastic swim teams, it will be made available to citizens to the greatest extent possible.
For additional information about the January 9 swimming pool and natatorium grand opening celebration, please contact the Community Relations Office at 414-529-9090, ext. 5817, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner - September 19th!
- A Night for Remembering to Benefit Alzheimer's Association
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Thanks Donors with Complimentary Gas Card
- Alverno College Students Awarded Scholarships
- How to Choose a Trustworthy Plumber
- Blessing of Bikers and Bikes
- Greenfield Youth Basketball Club Tryouts (Boys)
- WOW! Women of Wisconsin Exhibit to Open at Alverno College
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Character Education Recognized in South Milwaukee: South Milwaukee School District Earns State District of Character Award