The Greenfield Wrestling Team bounced back from a tough 46-12 loss to Pewaukee to capture 2nd place at the Tom Burns Invitational held at Marquette University High School on Saturday. The team was led by champions Taylor Wirtz at 135 pounds and Patrick Bruyette at 215. Both wrestlers had undefeated opponents from the Marquette in the finals and won by scores of 7-2 and 4-2.
Second place finishers were Steven Fisher, Dominic Kroll, and Andrew Krueger while Kevin Vazquez, Bryan Donovan, and Jake McClanahan placed third. Once again, McClanahan was in the toughest weight-class of the tournament. "He really wrestled well even against champion Davion Willis from Milwaukee Custer who is one of the best 189 pounders in the state."
Other place winners for the Hawks were Zach Stelse (4th), Alec Adams (5th), Tyler Flink (5th), and Andrew Patrick (6th). Out of the line-up was Simerdeep Grewal at 119 due to illnesss and Keng Thao at 112 who was taking the ACT test. " It would have been interesting to see if we could have caught Marquette with these two in the line-up."
Winning for the team against Pewaukee were Krueger, Bruyette, and McClanahan. Next up for the Hawks is Wauwatosa at home on Wednesday (12/16) starting at 7 p.m. It is our alumni meet and will feature many of the former GHS coaches and wrestlers. Please plan to attend as it should be a good meet and chance to see many friends of Greenfield Wrestling.
- Community service project provides speakers to groups and clubs
- Meet Brewer great Bill Schroeder at Point After Pub & Grille!
- Fire Fighters Urge Caution Near Fireworks on Independence Day
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Named One of Pest Control Technology’s Top 100 Pest Management Firms in the U.S.
- Hoops for Awareness
- Playground at Malone Opens July 2nd
- Martin Luther Baseball Sets Records, Earns Honors
- Real Time Explores Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness
- McCarty Park Boot Camp
- First Outdoor Movie of the Summer in Greendale