Justin Almquist, a history and theatre arts double major, will perform as Senex in "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" at Carroll University, Nov. 13-15, 2009. Show times are 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday in Otteson Theatre, 238 N. East Ave., Waukesha.
Justin is a 2008 graduate of Greenfield High School and son of David and Maria Almquist of Greenfield. His previous Otteson performances include "Sweet Charity" and "Un Sueño Nuevo—A New Dream."
"Forum" is a hilariously bawdy story about a slave named Pseudolus and his attempt to win freedom by helping his young master woo the girl next door. The musical is filled with numbers like "Comedy Tonight" and "Everybody Ought to Have a Maid," and classic one-liners, cases of mistaken identity and satirical comments on social class. It is inspired by the farces of the ancient Roman playwright Plautus, (251-183 BCE), with music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim and book by Burt Shevelove and Larry Gelbart. The show is directed by James Zager, associate professor of theatre arts, musical direction by Donna Kummer and choreography by senior Rayen Singletary.
Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for seniors 60 and older/Carroll parents/Carroll alumni and free for students with a valid ID. Advance ticket purchase is recommended; call the box office at 262.524.7633.
Carroll, Wisconsin's oldest four-year institution of higher learning, is an independent, co-educational comprehensive university grounded in the liberal arts tradition. Incorporated in 1846, it offers bachelor’s degrees in 45 majors and graduate degrees in education and software engineering, as well as a clinical doctorate in physical therapy.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Exercise Caution When Purchasing Final Four Tickets
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- 29th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Milwaukee Hamilton Class of 1975, 40th Reunion
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA