The Alverno College Board of Trustees recently elected three new members. The new members are Jean M. Maier of Milwaukee, Howard J. Jacob, Ph.D., of Brookfield, and Abby P. Ramirez of Milwaukee.
Maier is Senior Vice President of Enterprise Operations & Technology for Northwestern Mutual. She serves on the Board of Directors for Next Act and the Guest House and is a fellow in the Life Management Institute. She also is a registered representative and principal.
As Director and Chair of the Human and Molecular Genetics Center at the Medical College of Wisconsin, Jacob also serves as a Professor of Physiology and Pediatrics at the Medical College. He is the founder of the Board of Directors of PhysioGenix, Inc. He holds two patents and has received numerous honors, most recently the A. Ross McIntyre Award from the University of Nebraska.
Ramirez is Executive Vice President of Finance & Administration for INCOVA Technologies, Inc. She serves on the Advisory Board of HUSCO International and on the Board of Directors for La Causa and Quest. In addition, she is a member of the Education Committee at the United Community Center and a member of TEMPO Milwaukee.
About Alverno College
Alverno College, a four-year independent, Catholic, liberal arts college for women, exists to promote the personal and professional development of its students. The college has earned accolades and respect internationally for its highly effective ability-based, assessment-as-learning approach to education, and has consulted with three U.S. presidential administrations on accountability and outcomes in higher education. Educators from throughout the world visit Alverno to learn about its proven, student-centered teaching methods.
Alverno offers more than 35 major program areas of study, including graduate programs in education, nursing and business that are open to women and men. For more information about Alverno, visit our Web site at www.alverno.edu or call 414-382-6100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- 29th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Milwaukee Hamilton Class of 1975, 40th Reunion
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Wilson Senior Center Travel Outing - Peter and the Starcatcher at the Rep on May 13
- Exploring Health Innovations Inspired by the Care of Military Personnel