The Alverno College Board of Trustees recently elected three new members. The new members are Jean M. Maier of Milwaukee, Howard J. Jacob, Ph.D., of Brookfield, and Abby P. Ramirez of Milwaukee.
Maier is Senior Vice President of Enterprise Operations & Technology for Northwestern Mutual. She serves on the Board of Directors for Next Act and the Guest House and is a fellow in the Life Management Institute. She also is a registered representative and principal.
As Director and Chair of the Human and Molecular Genetics Center at the Medical College of Wisconsin, Jacob also serves as a Professor of Physiology and Pediatrics at the Medical College. He is the founder of the Board of Directors of PhysioGenix, Inc. He holds two patents and has received numerous honors, most recently the A. Ross McIntyre Award from the University of Nebraska.
Ramirez is Executive Vice President of Finance & Administration for INCOVA Technologies, Inc. She serves on the Advisory Board of HUSCO International and on the Board of Directors for La Causa and Quest. In addition, she is a member of the Education Committee at the United Community Center and a member of TEMPO Milwaukee.
About Alverno College
Alverno College, a four-year independent, Catholic, liberal arts college for women, exists to promote the personal and professional development of its students. The college has earned accolades and respect internationally for its highly effective ability-based, assessment-as-learning approach to education, and has consulted with three U.S. presidential administrations on accountability and outcomes in higher education. Educators from throughout the world visit Alverno to learn about its proven, student-centered teaching methods.
Alverno offers more than 35 major program areas of study, including graduate programs in education, nursing and business that are open to women and men. For more information about Alverno, visit our Web site at www.alverno.edu or call 414-382-6100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- All You Can Eat Breakfast Buffet
- Latest “Status of Girls in Wisconsin” report reveals troubling patterns
- JB’s on 41 Renews Commitment to Community with Family-Friendly Food Drive and Bowling for Veterans Program
- Hallman Lindsay opens West Allis Store
- 6th grade basketball team in in of players
- VMP Manor Park Pumpkin Smash
- Franklin Lioness Fair Set for Oct. 25 at MATC's Oak Creek Campus; Proceeds Benefit MATC Scholarships
- West Allis Pastor and Music Director Perform Concert in Sweden
- "Identity Theft" presented by Educators Credit Union
- Acacia Theatre's "Fish Eyes" Has Greenfield Assistant Stage Manager