The Women’s Fund of Greater Milwaukee, Inc. will award $21,000 in Her Scholarships to eight non-traditional students at a special reception on Tuesday, June 2nd at 5:00 p.m. at the Woman’s Club of Wisconsin, located at 813 East Kilbourne Avenue. The scholarships are provided in partnership with the Plunkett Family Foundation, the Pat Wilmeth Fund, and the College Endowment Association.
This year’s recipients include:
• Joanne Anderson, a Social Work major at the UW-Milwaukee and resident of Hartford;
• Kari Andrews, an Education major at the UW-Milwaukee and resident of Greenfield;
• Ann Gieschen-Salazar, a Nursing major at UW-Milwaukee and a resident of Wauwatosa;
• Elizabeth Bonghor Kamara, a Fashion Design major at Mount Mary College and a resident of Milwaukee;
• Julie Maloney, an International Studies major at the UW-Milwaukee and a resident of Shorewood;
• Carolyn Mattox, a Business and Management major at Alverno College and a resident of Milwaukee;
• Mary Lee Wolfgram, a Business and Management major at Alverno College and a resident of West Allis.
“Education is a critical step toward financial stability for women and their families,” said Women’s Fund Executive Director Elaine Maly. “When we invest in the educational goals and career plans these women have, we are investing in our community.”
Since 1996, the Women's Fund Her Scholarship program has provided women ages 35 and older with financial support to continue or complete their college education and achieve greater financial stability. Recipients are full-time students attending college at selected schools in the greater Milwaukee area. They are chosen based on their financial need, educational goals and commitment to community involvement. Since the start of the Her Scholarship program, the Women's Fund has given more than $95,500 in financial support to deserving Milwaukee women.
For more information on the Women’s Fund or to support the Her Scholarship program, please visit womensfund.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- 29th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Milwaukee Hamilton Class of 1975, 40th Reunion
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Wilson Senior Center Travel Outing - Peter and the Starcatcher at the Rep on May 13
- Exploring Health Innovations Inspired by the Care of Military Personnel