The Women’s Fund of Greater Milwaukee, Inc. will award $21,000 in Her Scholarships to eight non-traditional students at a special reception on Tuesday, June 2nd at 5:00 p.m. at the Woman’s Club of Wisconsin, located at 813 East Kilbourne Avenue. The scholarships are provided in partnership with the Plunkett Family Foundation, the Pat Wilmeth Fund, and the College Endowment Association.
This year’s recipients include:
• Joanne Anderson, a Social Work major at the UW-Milwaukee and resident of Hartford;
• Kari Andrews, an Education major at the UW-Milwaukee and resident of Greenfield;
• Ann Gieschen-Salazar, a Nursing major at UW-Milwaukee and a resident of Wauwatosa;
• Elizabeth Bonghor Kamara, a Fashion Design major at Mount Mary College and a resident of Milwaukee;
• Julie Maloney, an International Studies major at the UW-Milwaukee and a resident of Shorewood;
• Carolyn Mattox, a Business and Management major at Alverno College and a resident of Milwaukee;
• Mary Lee Wolfgram, a Business and Management major at Alverno College and a resident of West Allis.
“Education is a critical step toward financial stability for women and their families,” said Women’s Fund Executive Director Elaine Maly. “When we invest in the educational goals and career plans these women have, we are investing in our community.”
Since 1996, the Women's Fund Her Scholarship program has provided women ages 35 and older with financial support to continue or complete their college education and achieve greater financial stability. Recipients are full-time students attending college at selected schools in the greater Milwaukee area. They are chosen based on their financial need, educational goals and commitment to community involvement. Since the start of the Her Scholarship program, the Women's Fund has given more than $95,500 in financial support to deserving Milwaukee women.
For more information on the Women’s Fund or to support the Her Scholarship program, please visit womensfund.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield Actress Performs in Acacia Theatre's "Opal"
- Fourth of July, Festa Italiana, Good Health and Good Deeds … All Together!
- Neighborhood Block Party
- Milwaukee IndyFest Returns to The Milwaukee Mile July 11-12
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Annual Flag Day at The Berkshire of Greendale
- WAMI WINNER SCOTT E. BERENDT & THE US PROJECT TO PERFORM AT FOURTH OF JULY COMMUNITY BASH
- Get Pop-Cultured with Barnes & Noble Greenfield, WI
- Marching Band Competition at New Berlin Eisenhower High School
- Let's Prevent Another Chemical Incident