Promoting Healthy Lifestyles at Free Senior Health Fair
Join the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee in celebrating National Senior Health & Fitness Week from 8:30 am – 11:30 am on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 at the Southwest YMCA Center at 11311 W. Howard Ave. in Greenfield. The health fair will offer a variety of free presentations, screenings and information for seniors regarding health and fitness topics. The event is part of a national movement to promote an active, healthy lifestyle through physical fitness, good nutrition and preventive care for active older adults.
Screenings for hearing, vision, blood pressure and bone density will be available for those who attend. In addition, representatives will also be available to provide information on advance directives, safe sleep guidelines for grandbabies, arthritis, AARP, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, SilverSneakers and behavioral health issues.
Free presentations will also be provided on two specific health topics. The first presentation, “Brain Fitness,” presented by Julie Bryson of Aurora Health Care, begins at 9:30am. Bryson will discuss fun exercises for the brain and demonstrate how a healthy brain can help stay mentally sharp, tackle new challenges, as well as stave off some of the natural effects of aging. At 11:00 am Dr. Robert Amiot of Aspen Orthopedic & Rehabilitation Specialists will focus on “Medical Management of Arthritis and Lower Leg Pain.” Following the presentation, Dr. Amiot will also provide foot screenings to interested participants.
The Southwest YMCA Center Senior Health and Fitness event was made possible by a grant from McNeil Consumer Healthcare, makers of TYLENOL Arthritis Pain.
The event is free and registration is not required. Refreshments will be available throughout the morning. For more information contact the Southwest YMCA at 414-546-9622 or visit our website at www.ymcamke.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Economic Developments on the Horizon in Oak Creek and Franklin
- 2014 Holiday Folk Fair International to Host 5k Run/Walk
- Day Trip to Chicago - Treat Yourself!
- Largest Youth Football Scrimmage in the State?
- August is “Cataract Awareness Month”: 6 Things you should know about CATARACTS
- Men Journeying Through Grief
- RE/MAX Realty 100 of Milwaukee Celebrates 35th Anniversary
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host 13th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- The Relationship with your Insurance Agent Matters
- Greenfield Farmers Market Mid-Season Celebration: Sunday, August 10 from 10am-2pm