Promoting Healthy Lifestyles at Free Senior Health Fair
Join the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee in celebrating National Senior Health & Fitness Week from 8:30 am – 11:30 am on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 at the Southwest YMCA Center at 11311 W. Howard Ave. in Greenfield. The health fair will offer a variety of free presentations, screenings and information for seniors regarding health and fitness topics. The event is part of a national movement to promote an active, healthy lifestyle through physical fitness, good nutrition and preventive care for active older adults.
Screenings for hearing, vision, blood pressure and bone density will be available for those who attend. In addition, representatives will also be available to provide information on advance directives, safe sleep guidelines for grandbabies, arthritis, AARP, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, SilverSneakers and behavioral health issues.
Free presentations will also be provided on two specific health topics. The first presentation, “Brain Fitness,” presented by Julie Bryson of Aurora Health Care, begins at 9:30am. Bryson will discuss fun exercises for the brain and demonstrate how a healthy brain can help stay mentally sharp, tackle new challenges, as well as stave off some of the natural effects of aging. At 11:00 am Dr. Robert Amiot of Aspen Orthopedic & Rehabilitation Specialists will focus on “Medical Management of Arthritis and Lower Leg Pain.” Following the presentation, Dr. Amiot will also provide foot screenings to interested participants.
The Southwest YMCA Center Senior Health and Fitness event was made possible by a grant from McNeil Consumer Healthcare, makers of TYLENOL Arthritis Pain.
The event is free and registration is not required. Refreshments will be available throughout the morning. For more information contact the Southwest YMCA at 414-546-9622 or visit our website at www.ymcamke.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hallman Lindsay opens West Allis Store
- 6th grade basketball team in in of players
- VMP Manor Park Pumpkin Smash
- Franklin Lioness Fair Set for Oct. 25 at MATC's Oak Creek Campus; Proceeds Benefit MATC Scholarships
- West Allis Pastor and Music Director Perform Concert in Sweden
- "Identity Theft" presented by Educators Credit Union
- Acacia Theatre's "Fish Eyes" Has Greenfield Assistant Stage Manager
- Honoring Our Heroes This Veteran’s Day at the Franklin Public Library
- Young Life Wauwatosa at Pizzeria Picola and Yo Mama's!
- Honoring Grief - Finding Our Way Through the Holidays