J.R. Lewis was the only champion for Greenfield as he improved his record to 37-1 for the season. His efforts were good enough to establish a new record for single season victories breaking the old record of 36 set by Terrell Morgan in 1999.
Matt Ostovich, Andrew Krueger, and Patrick Bruyette finished in second place and all have a shot at moving on to the state tournament in Madison.
Finishing in the number four spot were Steve Fisher, Taylor Wirtz, Steve Wirtz, Jake McClanahan, and Zach Stelse.
"The top two in each weight class will advance to Madison after this weeks competition which will be held at Racine Horlick on Saturday, February 21st. This will not be an easy task but if we work hard this week, I know many of these young men can get the job done...this includes our wrestlers coming in at the number four spot. The coaches have confidence in their ability and now it comes down to preparation and the right mental focus."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Spring Salad Luncheom
- Auction Benefits Outdoor Recreation
- Alverno College Cancels Classes For One Day So Students Can Volunteer
- Zumbathon Benefitting Generations Against Bullying
- Ukranian Folk Rock Will Wrap Up Alverno Presents' 55th Season
- Falcon Fest Organizers hope to exceed $10,000 goal
- Third-annual On Deck event set for April 25
- Zone Baseball Kicks Off Its Inaugural Season
- Holocaust Remembrance Day at Franklin Public Library
- Beth Stoddard: Landscapes and Still Lifes Art Exhibition of Oil Paintings at the Greenfield Public Libarary, April 2015