J.R. Lewis was the only champion for Greenfield as he improved his record to 37-1 for the season. His efforts were good enough to establish a new record for single season victories breaking the old record of 36 set by Terrell Morgan in 1999.
Matt Ostovich, Andrew Krueger, and Patrick Bruyette finished in second place and all have a shot at moving on to the state tournament in Madison.
Finishing in the number four spot were Steve Fisher, Taylor Wirtz, Steve Wirtz, Jake McClanahan, and Zach Stelse.
"The top two in each weight class will advance to Madison after this weeks competition which will be held at Racine Horlick on Saturday, February 21st. This will not be an easy task but if we work hard this week, I know many of these young men can get the job done...this includes our wrestlers coming in at the number four spot. The coaches have confidence in their ability and now it comes down to preparation and the right mental focus."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Milwaukee Hamilton Class of 1975, 40th Reunion
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Wilson Senior Center Travel Outing - Peter and the Starcatcher at the Rep on May 13
- Exploring Health Innovations Inspired by the Care of Military Personnel
- Open House
- 5th Annual Tosa West Multicultural Fair