J.R. Lewis was the only champion for Greenfield as he improved his record to 37-1 for the season. His efforts were good enough to establish a new record for single season victories breaking the old record of 36 set by Terrell Morgan in 1999.
Matt Ostovich, Andrew Krueger, and Patrick Bruyette finished in second place and all have a shot at moving on to the state tournament in Madison.
Finishing in the number four spot were Steve Fisher, Taylor Wirtz, Steve Wirtz, Jake McClanahan, and Zach Stelse.
"The top two in each weight class will advance to Madison after this weeks competition which will be held at Racine Horlick on Saturday, February 21st. This will not be an easy task but if we work hard this week, I know many of these young men can get the job done...this includes our wrestlers coming in at the number four spot. The coaches have confidence in their ability and now it comes down to preparation and the right mental focus."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Pediatric Advocate to speak at Franklin Public Library
- Transplant Homes at Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center Receive Special Delivery
- HamBingo Thursday October 2 Benefiting Second Hand Purrs
- Brew City Pet Services Attends International Pet-Sitter Conference
- Oktoberfest - Saturday, October 18th FREE Admission!
- RED HOT MAMA! A Tribute to Sophie Tucker (featuring Becky Spice)
- Paranormal Investigators of Milwaukee to Speak About All Things Ghostly
- Come Experience Wisconsin’s Most Haunted with Chad Lewis
- ABC News Anchor Dan Harris Featured as Keynote Speaker for 2014 Alverno Community Conference
- Greenfield High School Cheerleaders 3rd Annual Rummage Sale