Kids in the Kitchen is an interactive program that will empower your family to make healthy lifestyle choices.
Kids in grades 1-5 and their parents/guardians will learn about the five food groups that are the building blocks for a healthy diet in a fun and interactive way. This energetic program helps children learn the benefits of eating healthy using “MyPlate for Kids,” a simple nutrition guide. Each class includes an engaging learning component as well as fun fitness and an opportunity to try a variety of foods. Sign up for one, or sign up for all 3!
Saturday September 13th - MyPlate for Kids
Saturday September 20th - How Much Food Do I Need?
Saturday September 27th – Empty Calories / Extra Food
Time: 11:00am-1:00pm, includes lunch
Location: Southwest YMCA 11311 W. Howard Ave. Greenfield, WI 52338
Cost per family:
$5 for 1 or $12 when you sign up for all 3- YMCA Members
$8 for 1 or $20 when you sign up for all 3- Non-YMCA Members
Sign-Up: Contact Hanna Misiak at 414-329-3879 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Program code: 01413
This program is made possible through a partnership between the Junior League of Milwaukee and the Southwest YMCA.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- “Shop Savvy” on Cyber Monday - and Every Day
- ‘Black Friday’ Vehicle Purchase at Russ Darrow Includes Packer Player Collector Canvas
- Missing Cat
- "Shop Small"on Small Business Saturday
- Russ Darrow Group Hosting Donation Drive for The Salvation Army
- Franklin 8th Grader makes team USA U15
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Comes Alive
- BBB's Holiday Helper: A Guide to Gifting and Giving
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- 58th Annual Christmas Holly Fair