Kids in the Kitchen is an interactive program that will empower your family to make healthy lifestyle choices.
Kids in grades 1-5 and their parents/guardians will learn about the five food groups that are the building blocks for a healthy diet in a fun and interactive way. This energetic program helps children learn the benefits of eating healthy using “MyPlate for Kids,” a simple nutrition guide. Each class includes an engaging learning component as well as fun fitness and an opportunity to try a variety of foods. Sign up for one, or sign up for all 3!
Saturday September 13th - MyPlate for Kids
Saturday September 20th - How Much Food Do I Need?
Saturday September 27th – Empty Calories / Extra Food
Time: 11:00am-1:00pm, includes lunch
Location: Southwest YMCA 11311 W. Howard Ave. Greenfield, WI 52338
Cost per family:
$5 for 1 or $12 when you sign up for all 3- YMCA Members
$8 for 1 or $20 when you sign up for all 3- Non-YMCA Members
Sign-Up: Contact Hanna Misiak at 414-329-3879 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Program code: 01413
This program is made possible through a partnership between the Junior League of Milwaukee and the Southwest YMCA.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Character Education Recognized in South Milwaukee: South Milwaukee School District Earns State District of Character Award
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- New Study Spaces at Franklin Public Library
- New Home for Uncle Ned's Consignment Liquidation & Estate Sales, LLC
- Franklin Public Library Author Talk with Carrie Reichartz
- National Youth Wind Orchestra of Luxembourg to perform
- Back to School Special
- Crafters, classic car owners, community groups sought for community event
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive