Two sixth grade students at Whitnall Middle School have advanced in the Scott's/Major Leage Baseball Pitch Hit and Run Sectional Competition held this past Saturday at Wick Field.
Paul Kashishian and Alyssa Trensch took second place honors, both earning medals in their respective age and gender groups. Kashishian and Trensch will advance to the Team Competition held at Miller Park later in June.
The top three scores in each age and gender division out of all 30 Major League teams will earn an all-expenses paid trip to All-Star Weekend. National finalists will participate in the Pitch, Hit & Run event before shagging balls in the outfield at the Home Run Derby.
Kashishian, who plays for the 12U Greenfield Jr. Hawks and Trensch who plays Whitnall Youth Softball are multi-sport athletes and are looking forward to this next challenge.
- Community service project provides speakers to groups and clubs
- Meet Brewer great Bill Schroeder at Point After Pub & Grille!
- Fire Fighters Urge Caution Near Fireworks on Independence Day
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Named One of Pest Control Technology’s Top 100 Pest Management Firms in the U.S.
- Hoops for Awareness
- Playground at Malone Opens July 2nd
- Martin Luther Baseball Sets Records, Earns Honors
- Real Time Explores Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness
- McCarty Park Boot Camp
- First Outdoor Movie of the Summer in Greendale