Two sixth grade students at Whitnall Middle School have advanced in the Scott's/Major Leage Baseball Pitch Hit and Run Sectional Competition held this past Saturday at Wick Field.
Paul Kashishian and Alyssa Trensch took second place honors, both earning medals in their respective age and gender groups. Kashishian and Trensch will advance to the Team Competition held at Miller Park later in June.
The top three scores in each age and gender division out of all 30 Major League teams will earn an all-expenses paid trip to All-Star Weekend. National finalists will participate in the Pitch, Hit & Run event before shagging balls in the outfield at the Home Run Derby.
Kashishian, who plays for the 12U Greenfield Jr. Hawks and Trensch who plays Whitnall Youth Softball are multi-sport athletes and are looking forward to this next challenge.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Jane Austen Comes Alive at Franklin Public Library
- 2nd Annual Craft & Vendor Fair
- Catholic Singles Memorial Day Picnic
- Catholic Singles Dance
- Benefit Concert for Lions Charities at The Suburban Bourbon May 18
- HGTV to Feature Flat Rate Home Services Manager on National Television Show
- Scholarships Awarded by Hales Corners Woman's Club
- Construction begins for new Summit Credit Union branch in Franklin
- Say Cheers to More Healthy Years at Wilson Commons
- Artist in Residence Program Teaches Elementary Students about Photography