Two sixth grade students at Whitnall Middle School have advanced in the Scott's/Major Leage Baseball Pitch Hit and Run Sectional Competition held this past Saturday at Wick Field.
Paul Kashishian and Alyssa Trensch took second place honors, both earning medals in their respective age and gender groups. Kashishian and Trensch will advance to the Team Competition held at Miller Park later in June.
The top three scores in each age and gender division out of all 30 Major League teams will earn an all-expenses paid trip to All-Star Weekend. National finalists will participate in the Pitch, Hit & Run event before shagging balls in the outfield at the Home Run Derby.
Kashishian, who plays for the 12U Greenfield Jr. Hawks and Trensch who plays Whitnall Youth Softball are multi-sport athletes and are looking forward to this next challenge.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How to Choose a Trustworthy Plumber
- Blessing of Bikers and Bikes
- Greenfield Youth Basketball Club Tryouts (Boys)
- WOW! Women of Wisconsin Exhibit to Open at Alverno College
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Character Education Recognized in South Milwaukee: South Milwaukee School District Earns State District of Character Award
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- New Study Spaces at Franklin Public Library
- New Home for Uncle Ned's Consignment Liquidation & Estate Sales, LLC
- Franklin Public Library Author Talk with Carrie Reichartz