In celebration of Children’s Book Week, May 12 - 17, the West Allis Public Library will join the Wisconsin Library Association Foundation and the Culver's restaurant in West Allis in the "Create your own story" drawing campaign for children 11 and under.
This is the 17th year local Culver's restaurants in Wisconsin have sponsored this event, which encourages children to read and celebrate their favorite book characters.
Children can enter the drawing event by picking up drawing sheets from the West Allis Public Library beginning May 12. Children are encouraged to draw book characters that they would like to meet at the library. Every child who completes a drawing will receive a "Be Our Guest" coupon for a free single scoop of frozen custard from Culver's and be entered into a random drawing to win an additional prize of a free Team Scoopie Kids meal coupon. Drawings will be displayed at the West Allis Public Library through the month of May.
Any time we can encourage a child to read and explore their imagination we want to make that effort. The Children’s Book Week provides all of us with an important reminder of the positive role a story plays in shaping young minds and developing reading and language skills.
Culver’s serves fresh food with genuine family values to each and every guest. Culver’s is an expanding franchise system with more than 425 independently owned and operated restaurants in 19 states. The restaurants’ award-winning customer service is based on small-town, Midwestern values, genuine friendliness and an unwavering commitment to quality and cleanliness. Signature items include the ButterBurger®, made from fresh, never frozen U.S. Beef, and fresh frozen custard, including the famous Flavor of the Day program. Supporting local communities is a cornerstone of Culver’s giving efforts. For more information on Culver’s, visit www.culvers.com, www.culvers.com/facebook and www.twitter.com/culvers.
All trademarks belong to Culver Franchising System, Inc.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Former Milwaukee Mayor John Norquist, Venice Williams of Alice’s Garden and more to lead the 2015 Alverno Community Conference
- Stephanie Marie Dance Company and City of Greenfield Parks and Recreation Welcome All-Star Dancer and Choreographer Stephen “tWitch” Boss
- INTERFAITH HOSTING ANNUAL NEIGHBORHOOD OUTREACH FUNDRAISER TO SUPPORT SENIORS IN THE COMMUNITY
- Two Brothers One Mind are Bringing the Midwest Monthly Magic Circuit to Milwaukee!!
- Legacy Pro Wrestling Presents: Tag Team Warfare
- Airport seeks volunteers at information desk
- United Performing Arts Fund Announces 2016 Campaign Co-Chairs
- Prepare Plumbing for Cool Weather
- Santa's Coming to Gift of Wings
- Protect your vision, know the 3 leading causes of blindness