Greenfield’s biggest community beautification project is fast approaching. Each year for over 20 years, the Beautification Committee selects a site to celebrate the day. In the past, Arbor Day celebrations have “greened” schools, parks and highway median strips among others.
This year they will host the event at the new Brookside Meadow Park, an area that features a playground and nature area with parking on-site. The location is on South Root River Parkway just west of Forest Home Ave (enter about 9200 west) and south of the river.
Here’s how you can help! Trees are available for adoption and will be planted by volunteers at the event. Each entire tree is $195 although any amount can be made towards a tree or scrub. (Tree order forms are available on the Committee website: GBCINFO.ORG).
The program includes a presentation on Greenfield’s Tree City designation and a planting demonstration by the city forester. The mayor, aldermen and tree adoptees will help plant the annual ceremonial tree.
So come join the fun! Everyone’s invited! Bring a shovel, gloves and lots of civic energy and help make Greenfield a little greener!
Greenfield’s Arbor Day Celebration
Saturday May 3rd, 2014
Brookside Meadow Park
4995 South Root River Parkway
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- 29th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Milwaukee Hamilton Class of 1975, 40th Reunion
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Wilson Senior Center Travel Outing - Peter and the Starcatcher at the Rep on May 13
- Exploring Health Innovations Inspired by the Care of Military Personnel