Greenfield’s biggest community beautification project is fast approaching. Each year for over 20 years, the Beautification Committee selects a site to celebrate the day. In the past, Arbor Day celebrations have “greened” schools, parks and highway median strips among others.
This year they will host the event at the new Brookside Meadow Park, an area that features a playground and nature area with parking on-site. The location is on South Root River Parkway just west of Forest Home Ave (enter about 9200 west) and south of the river.
Here’s how you can help! Trees are available for adoption and will be planted by volunteers at the event. Each entire tree is $195 although any amount can be made towards a tree or scrub. (Tree order forms are available on the Committee website: GBCINFO.ORG).
The program includes a presentation on Greenfield’s Tree City designation and a planting demonstration by the city forester. The mayor, aldermen and tree adoptees will help plant the annual ceremonial tree.
So come join the fun! Everyone’s invited! Bring a shovel, gloves and lots of civic energy and help make Greenfield a little greener!
Greenfield’s Arbor Day Celebration
Saturday May 3rd, 2014
Brookside Meadow Park
4995 South Root River Parkway
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fall into Free Fun!
- 2015 U14 Wisconsin Warriors Baseball Tryouts!!
- Alverno College Names Wendy Powers Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
- Required School Supplies More than Families Can Afford
- Alverno College Appoints Eileen Sherman Dean of Business
- Second Saturday Aug 9 10am Oak Creek Community Center
- Register NOW for K3, K4 - 8th Grade
- Jr Hawks U14 Tryouts for 2015
- Greenfield Artists at Firefly Art Fair
- 6 Tool Select Baseball ryouts