The merger of Summit Credit Union and Greater Milwaukee Credit Union (GMCU) has been finalized.
Members of GMCU are now members of Summit Credit Union and have access to a total of 28 branches in the Milwaukee and Madison markets, as well as the numerous Shared Service Center Network locations, phone and web account services and a member service contact center in Madison. New Summit Credit Union signs will be installed at the GMCU location on 1606 S. 84th St., in West Allis beginning on March 3.
The merger was first announced in September 2013, and approved by the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions and the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) in October 2013.
Lori Pook, who was CEO of GMCU, will continue on in a leadership capacity at the Credit Union as AVP – Enterprise Risk Management.
The combination brings Summit Credit Union’s total assets to $1.9 billion, and its overall membership base to more than 136,000 throughout Wisconsin.
About Summit Credit Union:
Established in 1935, Summit Credit Union is a member-owned financial cooperative open to anyone in Wisconsin. Summit holds $1.9 billion in assets and has more than 136,000 members with a total of 28 locations throughout the Madison and Milwaukee areas. For more information, visit www.summitcreditunion.com or call (608) 243-5000 or (800) 236-5560.
# # #
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Spring Salad Luncheom
- Auction Benefits Outdoor Recreation
- Alverno College Cancels Classes For One Day So Students Can Volunteer
- Zumbathon Benefitting Generations Against Bullying
- Ukranian Folk Rock Will Wrap Up Alverno Presents' 55th Season
- Falcon Fest Organizers hope to exceed $10,000 goal
- Third-annual On Deck event set for April 25
- Zone Baseball Kicks Off Its Inaugural Season
- Holocaust Remembrance Day at Franklin Public Library
- Beth Stoddard: Landscapes and Still Lifes Art Exhibition of Oil Paintings at the Greenfield Public Libarary, April 2015