The merger of Summit Credit Union and Greater Milwaukee Credit Union (GMCU) has been finalized.
Members of GMCU are now members of Summit Credit Union and have access to a total of 28 branches in the Milwaukee and Madison markets, as well as the numerous Shared Service Center Network locations, phone and web account services and a member service contact center in Madison. New Summit Credit Union signs will be installed at the GMCU location on 1606 S. 84th St., in West Allis beginning on March 3.
The merger was first announced in September 2013, and approved by the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions and the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) in October 2013.
Lori Pook, who was CEO of GMCU, will continue on in a leadership capacity at the Credit Union as AVP – Enterprise Risk Management.
The combination brings Summit Credit Union’s total assets to $1.9 billion, and its overall membership base to more than 136,000 throughout Wisconsin.
About Summit Credit Union:
Established in 1935, Summit Credit Union is a member-owned financial cooperative open to anyone in Wisconsin. Summit holds $1.9 billion in assets and has more than 136,000 members with a total of 28 locations throughout the Madison and Milwaukee areas. For more information, visit www.summitcreditunion.com or call (608) 243-5000 or (800) 236-5560.
# # #
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin Public Library Children’s Department adds
- The Great Decisions Series is a Great Decision at the Franklin Public Library
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Alverno College Will Hold its 150th Commencement on December 19 and 20
- Greenfield Schools Kick off "Holiday Sharing" Event
- 2015 Greenfield Little League Registration Now Open
- With Holidays Upon Us, BBB Offers Travel Insurance Tips
- 6th Annual Greenfield Library Holiday Bake Sale on December 13
- FREE New Years Resolution Tranformation
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive