“The past 7 months have been some of the toughest, yet most rewarding months for our family.” “We used to hate talking about money and it was a real stress on our relationship. Now that we have a plan and some realistic goals, we thoroughly enjoy discussing our finances because we are both on the same page.” “We went on a ‘spending diet,’ worked out hard with our ‘personal trainer’ and are now more fiscally fit for the future…”
These are just some of the accolades from previous Project Money participants.
It’s now your turn to throw your hat into the ring to become a competitor in the next
Summit Credit Union Project Money challenge. Applications are now being accepted for
the reality-based financial challenge until March 15, 2014, and can be found at: Summit’s web site. You do not need to be a member of Summit Credit Union to apply.
From May through December, each participant will work one-on-one with a Summit financial coach to reduce their debt and increase their savings. Their ongoing progress and unique stories will be accessible on Summit’s web site, as well as in various media outlets, serving as a learning tool for the entire community.
“Whether we ultimately won the big prize or not, is not the bottom line for me,” said Troy Cross, 2013 Project Money contestant. “The fact that we were able to recognize how we got into the situation that we were in and now that we have learned how not to do it again, makes us winners.”
In Feb. 2015, a winner will be determined based on percent increase in savings, percent decrease in debt and participation in program events. The winner will receive a grand prize of $10,000, and runners up will each receive $2,500.
Each year since 2009, Summit Credit Union’s Project Money competition has given
four contestants (individuals or families), the opportunity to work with a financial coach to improve their finances. In 2013, the participants boosted their savings by $40,484 and decreased their debt by $62,916. In total over the past five years, Project Money participants have collectively increased their savings by $151,957 and decreased their debt by $221,569.
About Summit Credit Union:
Established in 1935, Summit Credit Union is a member-owned financial cooperative open to anyone in Wisconsin. Summit holds $1.9 billion in assets and has more than 131,000 members with a total of 26 locations throughout the Madison and Milwaukee areas. For more information, visit www.summitcreditunion.com or call (608) 243-5000 or (800) 236-5560.
# # #
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Wisconsin Bank & Trust to Host Open House Events in Celebration of Merger with Community Bank & Trust
- WASBO Honors School District of Greenfield
- BBB WGA Offers Tips to Avoid Donor Deception
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- Ascend Dermatology debuts new brand identity at ten locations across SE Wisconsin