FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, January 29th, 2014
South Milwaukee and Whitnall School Districts proudly announce
RED OUT is Friday, February 7th, 2014
Please mark your calendars and plan to attend the South Milwaukee Girl’s Basketball Varsity Game Friday night, February 7th, as the Rockets host the Whitnall Falcons. Whitnall is planning events if you are attending the Boy’s Basketball Game on Friday.
There are many great ways to help locally...
GAME EVENTS at SMHS: T/shirt sales, game events and the infamous "Chuck a Duck" competition for an autographed Milwaukee Buck Game Ball from Racine Native, Caron Butler. or go to Whitnall Game and plan to participate in their game events.
Raffle for Fantastic Seats to the April 5th, Milwaukee Bucks ($112 each) Game
ONLINE campaign & SOCIAL MEDIA:
The goal is to that our district will send out 1500 emails by February 16th to collect donations from family and friends.... Going viral will definitely spread the word around town about the RED OUT GAMES and using technology will create a seamless method to donate.
Here are the direct links to the app (please consider donating to this great cause):
iOS - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/schools4heart/id748951884?mt=8
Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aha_ro.android.communicator
The annual RED Out is a local and national fundraising event sponsored by the American Heart Association and the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD). These events engage elementary and middle school students with jumping rope while empowering them to improve their own health and help other kids with heart health issues. The South Milwaukee High School Advanced Marketing Class and basketball programs both are instrumental in the promotional aspects of this year’s national RED OUT event.
Dollars raised through Jump Rope For Heart and the RED OUT gives back to children, communities and schools through American Heart Association programs, including:
Ongoing discovery of new treatments through research
Advocating at federal and state levels for physical education and nutrition wellness in schools
Training courses for middle and high school students in CPR
Additional questions can be directed to
Team Leader, Physical Education Teacher SMHS,
Ms. Darla Wack. 414-766-5241 email@example.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Prince Uncovered: A reinterpretation of the music of Prince
- MATC to Hold Open House at Oak Creek Campus Oct. 17
- Code & Go: fun, interactive coding event for girls in grades K5-8
- St. Thomas More High School Prepares for Recycling Drive
- Holiday Folk Fair to Help Celebrate Italian Heritage Month
- Catholic Singles Halloween Dance
- 2015 Franklin Lioness Craft Fair Set for Oct. 24; Proceeds Support Scholarships for MATC Students
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- MIAW Pro Wrestling Returns to Papa Luigi's
- Former Milwaukee Mayor John Norquist, Venice Williams of Alice’s Garden and more to lead the 2015 Alverno Community Conference