School District of Greenfield students and staff will help support Special Olympics by braving the icy waters of the Muskego County Park Swimming Pond during the Annual Polar Plunge on Sunday, February 9, 2014. You're invited to join in on the fun!
Last year, nearly 30 Greenfield High School and Middle School Polar Plungers took the plunge, while a number of others watched from the sidelines in their winter-jackets, wooly mittens and stocking caps. The Greenfield teams raised $2,700. This year’s goal is to recruit 50 participants and raise $5,000 for Special Olympics, according to the event’s Agency Manager and Coach Paula Schwartz. Ms. Schwartz is an Edgewood Elementary School special education paraprofessional.
Ms. Schwartz said, “This is a free event where all participants are asked to raise money for Special Olympics. Here at GHS, alone, we have 10 students at the high school and five at the middle school who regularly participate in Special Olympics activities. Money raised from the Polar Plunge, and other activities, helps support their involvement.”
Interested in joining either the High School Hypothermic Hawks or the Middle School Junior Hawks Polar Plunge teams? If so, please contact Ms. Schwartz at email@example.com or 281-5750. Whichever team you join, 25 percent of the proceeds you raise will be earmarked for that school’s Special Olympians. The rest helps support Wisconsin Special Olympics.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- JB’s on 41 Renews Commitment to Community with Family-Friendly Food Drive and Bowling for Veterans Program
- Hallman Lindsay opens West Allis Store
- 6th grade basketball team in in of players
- VMP Manor Park Pumpkin Smash
- Franklin Lioness Fair Set for Oct. 25 at MATC's Oak Creek Campus; Proceeds Benefit MATC Scholarships
- West Allis Pastor and Music Director Perform Concert in Sweden
- "Identity Theft" presented by Educators Credit Union
- Acacia Theatre's "Fish Eyes" Has Greenfield Assistant Stage Manager
- Honoring Our Heroes This Veteran’s Day at the Franklin Public Library
- Young Life Wauwatosa at Pizzeria Picola and Yo Mama's!