School District of Greenfield students and staff will help support Special Olympics by braving the icy waters of the Muskego County Park Swimming Pond during the Annual Polar Plunge on Sunday, February 9, 2014. You're invited to join in on the fun!
Last year, nearly 30 Greenfield High School and Middle School Polar Plungers took the plunge, while a number of others watched from the sidelines in their winter-jackets, wooly mittens and stocking caps. The Greenfield teams raised $2,700. This year’s goal is to recruit 50 participants and raise $5,000 for Special Olympics, according to the event’s Agency Manager and Coach Paula Schwartz. Ms. Schwartz is an Edgewood Elementary School special education paraprofessional.
Ms. Schwartz said, “This is a free event where all participants are asked to raise money for Special Olympics. Here at GHS, alone, we have 10 students at the high school and five at the middle school who regularly participate in Special Olympics activities. Money raised from the Polar Plunge, and other activities, helps support their involvement.”
Interested in joining either the High School Hypothermic Hawks or the Middle School Junior Hawks Polar Plunge teams? If so, please contact Ms. Schwartz at email@example.com or 281-5750. Whichever team you join, 25 percent of the proceeds you raise will be earmarked for that school’s Special Olympians. The rest helps support Wisconsin Special Olympics.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 2015 U14 Wisconsin Warriors Baseball Tryouts!!
- Alverno College Names Wendy Powers Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
- Required School Supplies More than Families Can Afford
- Alverno College Appoints Eileen Sherman Dean of Business
- Second Saturday Aug 9 10am Oak Creek Community Center
- Register NOW for K3, K4 - 8th Grade
- Jr Hawks U14 Tryouts for 2015
- Greenfield Artists at Firefly Art Fair
- 6 Tool Select Baseball ryouts
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial