High school and college students are invited to apply for Summit Credit Union’s continuing education scholarships. The three $1,500 tuition scholarships will be awarded this April.
To apply for the Summit Board of Directors scholarships, students must:
• Be members of Summit for one year as of Jan. 1, 2014
• Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Complete an application and explain in an essay how a credit union’s cooperative structure benefits its members and the communities it serves
Scholarship recipients will be chosen based on grade point averages, extracurricular and community activities, employment experience and the essay. Applications must be completed by Feb. 28, 2014. Students should visit: https://www.summitcreditunion.com/scholarships to review the full eligibility requirements and complete the application.
Over the past twelve years, Summit has helped 36 area students pursue quality higher education. The Board of Director Scholarship program supports Summit’s ongoing educational outreach efforts and its commitment to the communities it serves.
About Summit Credit Union:
Established in 1935, Summit Credit Union is a member-owned financial cooperative open to anyone in Wisconsin. Summit holds $1.9 billion in assets and has more than 130,000 members with a total of 26 locations throughout the Madison and Milwaukee areas. For more information, visit www.summitcreditunion.com or call (608) 243-5000 or (800) 236-5560.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- "The Ultimate Sacrifice and History" presented by Tom Mueller (Oak Creek Resident)
- Up and Coming Website for Teen Moms
- Economic Developments on the Horizon in Oak Creek and Franklin
- 2014 Holiday Folk Fair International to Host 5k Run/Walk
- Day Trip to Chicago - Treat Yourself!
- Largest Youth Football Scrimmage in the State?
- August is “Cataract Awareness Month”: 6 Things you should know about CATARACTS
- Men Journeying Through Grief
- RE/MAX Realty 100 of Milwaukee Celebrates 35th Anniversary
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host 13th Annual Big League Blood Drive