MILWAUKEE, WI – This is not your ordinary young professional group. There are no name tags or corporate sponsorships. This group of talented young adults is the Chant Claire Chamber Choir- and they’re here to sing.
Benjamin Bedroske, a choral teacher at West Middle School in Oak Creek, identified the need for a small semi-professional level choral ensemble after moving to Milwaukee two years ago. Bedroske gathered friends and colleagues together to form the Chant Claire Chamber Choir, which rehearses weekly. This mixed-voice choir features 30 professional and non-professional singers from around the Milwaukee area.
“This group is different because it’s young, but dedicated to skillfully tackling challenging music. The pieces we’ve selected for this concert are high quality literature and are versatile enough that audiences will enjoy them as much as we do.”
This Sunday, December 15, the choir will be holding their first concert to premier their new sound to the city. Audiences can expect to revel in the musical selections of composers Mendelssohn, Rutter, Gjeilo, Victoria, Whitacre, and Hogan.
Bedroske hopes that the carols and beautiful holiday sounds from this concert will resonate with attendees. There is great potential for growth in this group, not only as a platform for these young adults to develop their own voices and sound, but to continue showcasing pieces that other choral groups may choose not to perform.
“I hope this concert will be the first of many for the Milwaukee community to enjoy.”
Sunday, December 15, 2013
All Saints Episcopal Cathedral, 818 E Juneau Ave, Milwaukee
Concert begins at 7:30
Reception to follow
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- A Carefree Moment - A charity event to support Cancer patients
- CigarMKE SPRING FLING EVENT - FEBRUARY 21ST
- Grand Opening of this New & Unique Shop Destination Shop to Carrie On
- Children's Resale at Franklin Library
- Understanding the Journey of Grief...Making Healing Choices Along the Way
- SeniorCare Resource Group of WI March Seminar
- Collaborative Divorce Group to hold Second Saturday workshop April 12th 10am-Noon Oak Creek Community Center
- Holocaust Remembrance Service at Alverno College
- Alverno College’s Poll Worker Project Wins State-wide Award
- Alverno College students to “Stuff the Bus” a third time to help homeless