Another interesting and informative year of West Allis Public Library's Leisure Timers Programs is on its way! The Leisure Timers Programs are for adults who are interested in viewing films and slides, plus listening to talks regarding travel,history and other intriguing subjects. The programs are free and open to the public, and last for about an hour. Programs are held on the second and fourth Monday of the month from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. in the Constitution Room of the West Allis Public Library.
The calendar for the first six months of 2014 is as follows:
January 13: Betty A. Storey presents "Hiking Mt. Kilimanjaro" (Slides)
January 27: Uruguay & Paraguay (DVD)
February 10: Jane Stoltz presents "Exploring Bavarian World Heritage Sites and More!" (Slides)
February 24: Mexico: The Royal Tour (DVD)
March 10: Janet and Carl Klein present "Waterways of the Czars: A Russian Cruise" (Talk/DVD)
March 24: Mystery of Easter Island (DVD)
April 14: Harriet Pfersch and Mark Steckhahn present "Seattle and Northwest Canada" (Slides)
April 28: Mary Schueller presents "The Life and Contributions of Jack Vilas" (Slides)
May 12: Robin Russell presents "Volcanic Eruption Possibilities from Mt. Shasta (revisited) to Iceland" (Slides)
June 9: Phyllis Gorell presents "A Trip to Burma" (Slides)
June 23: Buenos Aires City Guide (DVD)
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE! Terry
- Men's Grief Support Gathering
- Two Nationally Known Experts on Character Education to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Franklin's Gigantic Community Super Sale - May 14th (rain date May 21st)
- June 4 Workshop Spotlights Merton and Heschel, Spiritual Giants
- The fine line between enabling or disabling Waukesha inmates.
- Join the Fight Against Cancer! Register for the Relay For Life of the Southern Eight!
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Greendale Middle School To Host Gallery Night of the Arts
- JB’s on 41 Kicks Off Kids Bowl Free Program with Country Family Fun Day on May 1