Another interesting and informative year of West Allis Public Library's Leisure Timers Programs is on its way! The Leisure Timers Programs are for adults who are interested in viewing films and slides, plus listening to talks regarding travel,history and other intriguing subjects. The programs are free and open to the public, and last for about an hour. Programs are held on the second and fourth Monday of the month from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. in the Constitution Room of the West Allis Public Library.
The calendar for the first six months of 2014 is as follows:
January 13: Betty A. Storey presents "Hiking Mt. Kilimanjaro" (Slides)
January 27: Uruguay & Paraguay (DVD)
February 10: Jane Stoltz presents "Exploring Bavarian World Heritage Sites and More!" (Slides)
February 24: Mexico: The Royal Tour (DVD)
March 10: Janet and Carl Klein present "Waterways of the Czars: A Russian Cruise" (Talk/DVD)
March 24: Mystery of Easter Island (DVD)
April 14: Harriet Pfersch and Mark Steckhahn present "Seattle and Northwest Canada" (Slides)
April 28: Mary Schueller presents "The Life and Contributions of Jack Vilas" (Slides)
May 12: Robin Russell presents "Volcanic Eruption Possibilities from Mt. Shasta (revisited) to Iceland" (Slides)
June 9: Phyllis Gorell presents "A Trip to Burma" (Slides)
June 23: Buenos Aires City Guide (DVD)
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE! Terry
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner - February 20th!
- 6 Tool u13 Baseball Looking for 1 more Player
- Alverno Presents Okwui Okpokwasili: Bronx Gothic
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Franklin Public Library Acquires Gale Courses for Community Education
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Local Pastor Speaks on Church Persecution
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Men's Grief Support Gathering
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease