Eight Dimensions of Wellness
Quality of life is determined by more than good genes and a good attitude. We can actively improve our quality of life with a multi-dimensional approach to wellness.
Consider these eight areas of wellness:
• Physical • Intellectual
• Vocational • Spiritual
• Emotional • Financial
• Social • Environmental
Engaging in a variety of activities from throughout these eight dimensions act in ways that contribute to our own quality of life.
Consider the activities you are involved in. Are you engaged in all eight dimensions? Are there areas that need more attention? If so, learn more about resources in our community at this free upcoming event.
Embrace Your Wellness Community Resource Fair
With Flu Shots by Aurora QuickCare Clinic
Wilson Senior Center
2601 W Howard Ave
October 15, 9:00-1:00
Participants will be able to
- Get their annual flu shot
- Learn how to reduce energy usage
- Learn about Social Security benefits
- Register for a chance to win prizes, including 2 tickets to a Milwaukee Admirals hockey game
Check in with 25+ diverse community resources, including Milwaukee County Department on Aging, Focus on Energy, Milwaukee Theatre, Social Security Administration, SeniorLaw, Milwaukee Bike Federation, Hunger Task Force, Milwaukee Area Resource for Vegetarians, and so many more.
More information on the centers is available at http://home.interfaithmilw.org/fun.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- You're Invited!
- AWA Star "Baron Von Raschke"
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Giving Tuesday – Share How You Help Others Or How You’ve Been Helped
- Don't Miss Mount Hope's Candlelight Christmas Concert
- The Starr Group Names Piontek IT Director
- Greenfield Actress Performs in Acacia Theatre Company’s “Advent of Redemption”
- St. Roman teacher named 2013 Teacher of the Year