Melinda Myers to Present Free "Garden Revitalization" Seminars at Stein Gardens & Gifts on Sat., May 4
Gardening expert, TV/radio host, author and Birds & Blooms columnist Melinda Myers will present free “Garden Revitalization” seminars on Saturday, May 4 at the Stein Gardens & Gifts, 5400 S. 27th Street store at 10 a.m. and the Stein Gardens and Gifts, 2220 E. Moreland Blvd, Waukesha store at 2 p.m. Myers will cover creative ideas and strategies for beautifying landscapes this growing season after the extreme weather conditions over the past year that have taken a toll on most landscapes. Melinda will also be available to answer attendees’ gardening questions following each seminar.
“No matter how your garden fared through the challenges of the 2012 season, now is a great time to plan new additions, replacements, and strategize for increasing the seasonal beauty and enjoyment of your garden and landscape,” said Myers. “It’s been a tough 12 months with the drought last year to extensive rainfall this spring, so I look forward to sharing information that will help people revive their lawns and gardens after such extreme weather conditions.”
Garden Revitalization with Melinda Myers - Sat., May 4, 2013
(11 a.m. - 1 p.m.) Stein Gardens and Gifts - 5400 S. 27th Street
(2 - 4 p.m.) Stein Gardens and Gifts - 2220 E. Moreland Blvd. Waukesha
The seminars are free and open to the public. No registration is required.
Nationally known gardening expert, TV/radio host, author & columnist Melinda Myers has more than 30 years of horticulture experience and has written over 20 gardening books, including Can’t Miss Small Space Gardening and Month-by-Month Gardening in Wisconsin. She hosts the nationally syndicated Melinda’s Garden Moment segments which air on over 120 TV and radio stations throughout the U.S. She is a columnist and contributing editor for Birds & Blooms magazine and writes the twice monthly “Gardeners’ Questions” newspaper column. Melinda hosted “The Plant Doctor” radio program for over 20 years as well as Great Lakes Gardener on PBS. She has written articles for Better Homes and Gardens and Fine Gardening. Melinda has a master’s degree in horticulture, is a certified arborist and was a horticulture instructor with tenure. Her web site is www.melindamyers.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- JB’s on 41 Renews Commitment to Community with Family-Friendly Food Drive and Bowling for Veterans Program
- Hallman Lindsay opens West Allis Store
- 6th grade basketball team in in of players
- VMP Manor Park Pumpkin Smash
- Franklin Lioness Fair Set for Oct. 25 at MATC's Oak Creek Campus; Proceeds Benefit MATC Scholarships
- West Allis Pastor and Music Director Perform Concert in Sweden
- "Identity Theft" presented by Educators Credit Union
- Acacia Theatre's "Fish Eyes" Has Greenfield Assistant Stage Manager
- Honoring Our Heroes This Veteran’s Day at the Franklin Public Library
- Young Life Wauwatosa at Pizzeria Picola and Yo Mama's!