A petition on Change.org has begun in an effort to rename the West Allis Athletic Complex, the site at 117th St and Cleveland Ave, housing many school athletics, to be renamed after former West Allis Central and Nathan Hale coaches Phillip Sobocinski and George Cwiklowski.
George Cwiklowski and Phillip Sobocinski are synonymous in West Allis football. Both of these individuals started in the district in 1970. George coached at West Allis Hale and Phillip at Central. Both of these men were head coaches for 20+ years and won multiple championships. Both men have been inducted into the WFCA hall of fame. 2013 will be George's 50th years of coaching football with the vast majority being at Hale. Phillip went on to become a superintendent, and retired this past year. Both of these remarkable individuals deserve such recognition.
The petition, requiring 1000 signatures, can be signed online at https://www.change.org/petitions/west-allis-athletic-complex-football-field-field-project-get-the-football-field-named-after-george-cwiklowski-and-phillip-sobocinski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Prince Uncovered: A reinterpretation of the music of Prince
- MATC to Hold Open House at Oak Creek Campus Oct. 17
- Code & Go: fun, interactive coding event for girls in grades K5-8
- St. Thomas More High School Prepares for Recycling Drive
- Holiday Folk Fair to Help Celebrate Italian Heritage Month
- Catholic Singles Halloween Dance
- 2015 Franklin Lioness Craft Fair Set for Oct. 24; Proceeds Support Scholarships for MATC Students
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- MIAW Pro Wrestling Returns to Papa Luigi's
- Former Milwaukee Mayor John Norquist, Venice Williams of Alice’s Garden and more to lead the 2015 Alverno Community Conference