A petition on Change.org has begun in an effort to rename the West Allis Athletic Complex, the site at 117th St and Cleveland Ave, housing many school athletics, to be renamed after former West Allis Central and Nathan Hale coaches Phillip Sobocinski and George Cwiklowski.
George Cwiklowski and Phillip Sobocinski are synonymous in West Allis football. Both of these individuals started in the district in 1970. George coached at West Allis Hale and Phillip at Central. Both of these men were head coaches for 20+ years and won multiple championships. Both men have been inducted into the WFCA hall of fame. 2013 will be George's 50th years of coaching football with the vast majority being at Hale. Phillip went on to become a superintendent, and retired this past year. Both of these remarkable individuals deserve such recognition.
The petition, requiring 1000 signatures, can be signed online at https://www.change.org/petitions/west-allis-athletic-complex-football-field-field-project-get-the-football-field-named-after-george-cwiklowski-and-phillip-sobocinski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- rummage and craft sale
- 3rd Annual Greenfield H.S. Cheerleaders Rummage Sale
- Introduction to Tablets & e-Readers: Hands on Experience with Experts from Best Buy
- Help clients plan and prepare for a retirement that is both financially and emotionally successful
- SM Historical Society "Decorating for the Holidays" Seminar
- A Nostalgic Afternoon
- Julius Jr. Experience Comes to Greendale at Southridge Mall on Sept. 20
- Nancy's Run, Rock & Stroll- Saturday September 20th!!
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Alverno College highest in the state in its “Strong Commitment to Teaching” category for the fifth consecutive year
- Tool Time at the St. Francis Library