The cure for the winter blues is bluebirds. Spring migrants will be returning to southern Wisconsin soon, and one of the first to arrive is the Eastern Bluebird. To celebrate, bluebirds are the March Bird Of The Month at Wild Birds Unlimited Greenfield.
To help honor the bluebirds, Birds and Blooms Editor Stacy Tornio will be at WBU Greenfield on March 2nd from noon – 2 PM. Based in Greendale Birds & Blooms is America’s #1 bird and gardening magazine, and the magazine staff are thrilled to be a part of the local community.
Tornio has fondness for bluebirds as she’d anxiously waited five years before she was able to attract bluebirds into her backyard. For her it was well worth the wait!
Bluebirds can nest as early as March and will raise as many as three broods in a single summer. Birds and Blooms and Wild Birds Unlimited staff will be on hand answering questions about spring cleaning for the birds, including preparing nest boxes.
Stop by the Bird Of The Month Open House, March 2nd from noon – 2 PM. Wild Birds Unlimited Greenfield, 4454 South 108th Street. Share your bluebird photos and stories. Enter to win fabulous door prizes from Birds & Blooms.
March (and the bluebirds) will be here before you know it!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- 2015 GET FIT Workshop - Wilson Senior Center
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- Local Business and Boy Scout Partner to Fight Homelessness
- Choristers to Hold Auditions
- Choristers to Present Christmas Concert
- Live theatre comes to Franklin
- GERALD PETERSON IS AT IT AGAIN!!!!!
- Holiday Folk Fair International Chef Stage to Feature Traditional Ethnic Soups