The cure for the winter blues is bluebirds. Spring migrants will be returning to southern Wisconsin soon, and one of the first to arrive is the Eastern Bluebird. To celebrate, bluebirds are the March Bird Of The Month at Wild Birds Unlimited Greenfield.
To help honor the bluebirds, Birds and Blooms Editor Stacy Tornio will be at WBU Greenfield on March 2nd from noon – 2 PM. Based in Greendale Birds & Blooms is America’s #1 bird and gardening magazine, and the magazine staff are thrilled to be a part of the local community.
Tornio has fondness for bluebirds as she’d anxiously waited five years before she was able to attract bluebirds into her backyard. For her it was well worth the wait!
Bluebirds can nest as early as March and will raise as many as three broods in a single summer. Birds and Blooms and Wild Birds Unlimited staff will be on hand answering questions about spring cleaning for the birds, including preparing nest boxes.
Stop by the Bird Of The Month Open House, March 2nd from noon – 2 PM. Wild Birds Unlimited Greenfield, 4454 South 108th Street. Share your bluebird photos and stories. Enter to win fabulous door prizes from Birds & Blooms.
March (and the bluebirds) will be here before you know it!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner - September 19th!
- A Night for Remembering to Benefit Alzheimer's Association
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Thanks Donors with Complimentary Gas Card
- Alverno College Students Awarded Scholarships
- How to Choose a Trustworthy Plumber
- Blessing of Bikers and Bikes
- Greenfield Youth Basketball Club Tryouts (Boys)
- WOW! Women of Wisconsin Exhibit to Open at Alverno College
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Character Education Recognized in South Milwaukee: South Milwaukee School District Earns State District of Character Award