Artwork created by Greendale Middle School (GMS) students is on display as part of the Seventh Annual Milwaukee Regional Art Fair at the Oconomowoc Art Center, 641 East Forest Street, Oconomowoc. More than 100 pieces from students around the area is displayed in the 2013 show. The art center is open Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, noon to 4 p.m. and Thursdays, noon to 6 p.m. now through March 8.
GMS students Margaret Anagnostopoulos, Alexys Birmingham, Quinten Eismann, Ana Gonzalez, Jane Gozdowiak, Tyler Magerowski, Kaylee Reeve, Katelyn Salazar, Sydney Schact, Morgan Vlaj and their families attended the event’s opening and awards presentation on February 16. Their displayed works include digital photographs, acrylic paintings, watercolor paintings, and charcoal drawings.
The Milwaukee Regional Art Fair (MRAF) is a program of Wisconsin College Prep Academy. Each year, area art teachers submit works to the preliminary judging stage from which the final show is selected. Independent jurors select the best works from submitted middle school and high school students.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- 29th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Milwaukee Hamilton Class of 1975, 40th Reunion
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Wilson Senior Center Travel Outing - Peter and the Starcatcher at the Rep on May 13
- Exploring Health Innovations Inspired by the Care of Military Personnel