For the average teenager, college is a time to escape parental guidance, meet new friends, test alcohol tolerance capabilities, and somehow fit classes in between. This however, wasn’t the case for Christina Lak, a local student studying Business and Marketing at UW Milwaukee. She had greater goals in her sights for 2013 and was willing to take that drive for success and run with it.
Unlike many with similar ambition, Lak was presented with the internship opportunity of a life time, to run her own business through a company called College Works Painting. After she interviewed with a district manager, Lak had three more intensive interviews: two more with the vice president of the company and a final interview with the president. “I didn’t have any scripted answers. I just was genuine and told them exactly why I am so motivated and so ambitious to take this opportunity and run with it! I was so grateful to have even made it through the interviews to that point.”
Christina Lak got the job, joining the 10% of applicants that were accepted. Over 2,000 students applied in Wisconsin, with only a little over 200 hired. Lak said that after she was offered the position and shook hands, “I felt such a wave of pure excitement. I kept my cool until I got to my car and let out a victory scream. I just couldn’t wait to get going and working for College Works Painting.”
College Works Painting is an exterior painting company that prides itself on its 98% customer service satisfaction and its ‘A+’ rating given by the Better Business Bureau. Over 11,000 clients were served last year alone.
# # #
If you would like more information or would like to set up a free estimate for your home with Christina, please call Christina at (414)477-1982 or email Christina at email@example.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield Actress Performs in Acacia Theatre's "Opal"
- Fourth of July, Festa Italiana, Good Health and Good Deeds … All Together!
- Neighborhood Block Party
- Milwaukee IndyFest Returns to The Milwaukee Mile July 11-12
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Annual Flag Day at The Berkshire of Greendale
- WAMI WINNER SCOTT E. BERENDT & THE US PROJECT TO PERFORM AT FOURTH OF JULY COMMUNITY BASH
- Get Pop-Cultured with Barnes & Noble Greenfield, WI
- Marching Band Competition at New Berlin Eisenhower High School
- Let's Prevent Another Chemical Incident