For the average teenager, college is a time to escape parental guidance, meet new friends, test alcohol tolerance capabilities, and somehow fit classes in between. This however, wasn’t the case for Christina Lak, a local student studying Business and Marketing at UW Milwaukee. She had greater goals in her sights for 2013 and was willing to take that drive for success and run with it.
Unlike many with similar ambition, Lak was presented with the internship opportunity of a life time, to run her own business through a company called College Works Painting. After she interviewed with a district manager, Lak had three more intensive interviews: two more with the vice president of the company and a final interview with the president. “I didn’t have any scripted answers. I just was genuine and told them exactly why I am so motivated and so ambitious to take this opportunity and run with it! I was so grateful to have even made it through the interviews to that point.”
Christina Lak got the job, joining the 10% of applicants that were accepted. Over 2,000 students applied in Wisconsin, with only a little over 200 hired. Lak said that after she was offered the position and shook hands, “I felt such a wave of pure excitement. I kept my cool until I got to my car and let out a victory scream. I just couldn’t wait to get going and working for College Works Painting.”
College Works Painting is an exterior painting company that prides itself on its 98% customer service satisfaction and its ‘A+’ rating given by the Better Business Bureau. Over 11,000 clients were served last year alone.
# # #
If you would like more information or would like to set up a free estimate for your home with Christina, please call Christina at (414)477-1982 or email Christina at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 8U Zone Baseball Looking To Fill Out Its Roster
- Greenfield, WI 3rd Grader Named Top 10 Finalist in SCOTTIES National Trees Rock Video Contest
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Free Help with Tax Returns Offered at MATC's Oak Creek and Downtown Milwaukee Campuses
- Alverno College Exceeds $30 Million Capital Campaign Goal
- Valentines Event to Benefit Firefighter Non-Profit Group
- New Spring Programming for Children at Franklin Public Library
- 16th Annual Reflections of Wellness for Women
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner