Boys & Girls Club CEO to be guest speaker at Milwaukee VA's Martin Luther King ceremony
Veterans and the community are invited to the Milwaukee VA Medical Center’s Martin Luther King ceremony, 10 a.m. Thursday in the Matousek Auditorium.
The medical center is located at 5000 W. National Avenue in Milwaukee.
This year’s ceremony features guest speaker, Vincent P. Lyles, the president and CEO of Boys & Girls Club of Greater Milwaukee.
Lyles, a product of Milwaukee Public Schools who graduated from Madison High School, oversees a $22 million budget and is responsible for 37 Boys & Girls Club throughout the area. He has been at the forefront of revitalizing some of the poorest neighborhoods and areas in Milwaukee.
The Milwaukee VA ceremony will also feature the presentation of two MLK Golden Drum Major awards for two employees who have demonstrated the highest level of community service. The award winners won’t be announced until the ceremony.
For more information on the ceremony, including an interview with Lyles, visit: www.milwaukee.va.gov/features/MLK2013.asp .
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- SM Historical Society "Decorating for the Holidays" Seminar
- A Nostalgic Afternoon
- Julius Jr. Experience Comes to Greendale at Southridge Mall on Sept. 20
- THE 3rd ANNUAL REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL is back!
- Nancy's Run, Rock & Stroll- Saturday September 20th!!
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Alverno College highest in the state in its “Strong Commitment to Teaching” category for the fifth consecutive year
- Tool Time at the St. Francis Library
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- Local Youth Advocate Attends Anti-Tobacco Training in Washington, D.C.
- Local Wins Gold Award for Middle-Grade Book, 'George Knows'.