Boys & Girls Club CEO to be guest speaker at Milwaukee VA's Martin Luther King ceremony
Veterans and the community are invited to the Milwaukee VA Medical Center’s Martin Luther King ceremony, 10 a.m. Thursday in the Matousek Auditorium.
The medical center is located at 5000 W. National Avenue in Milwaukee.
This year’s ceremony features guest speaker, Vincent P. Lyles, the president and CEO of Boys & Girls Club of Greater Milwaukee.
Lyles, a product of Milwaukee Public Schools who graduated from Madison High School, oversees a $22 million budget and is responsible for 37 Boys & Girls Club throughout the area. He has been at the forefront of revitalizing some of the poorest neighborhoods and areas in Milwaukee.
The Milwaukee VA ceremony will also feature the presentation of two MLK Golden Drum Major awards for two employees who have demonstrated the highest level of community service. The award winners won’t be announced until the ceremony.
For more information on the ceremony, including an interview with Lyles, visit: www.milwaukee.va.gov/features/MLK2013.asp .
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Neighborhood Block Party
- Milwaukee IndyFest Returns to The Milwaukee Mile July 11-12
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Annual Flag Day at The Berkshire of Greendale
- WAMI WINNER SCOTT E. BERENDT & THE US PROJECT TO PERFORM AT FOURTH OF JULY COMMUNITY BASH
- Get Pop-Cultured with Barnes & Noble Greenfield, WI
- Marching Band Competition at New Berlin Eisenhower High School
- Let's Prevent Another Chemical Incident
- UMDF Energy For Life Walk Held at Greenfield Park on September 26
- Stan’s Fit For Your Feet Named One of the Top Footwear Stores In America