Boys & Girls Club CEO to be guest speaker at Milwaukee VA's Martin Luther King ceremony
Veterans and the community are invited to the Milwaukee VA Medical Center’s Martin Luther King ceremony, 10 a.m. Thursday in the Matousek Auditorium.
The medical center is located at 5000 W. National Avenue in Milwaukee.
This year’s ceremony features guest speaker, Vincent P. Lyles, the president and CEO of Boys & Girls Club of Greater Milwaukee.
Lyles, a product of Milwaukee Public Schools who graduated from Madison High School, oversees a $22 million budget and is responsible for 37 Boys & Girls Club throughout the area. He has been at the forefront of revitalizing some of the poorest neighborhoods and areas in Milwaukee.
The Milwaukee VA ceremony will also feature the presentation of two MLK Golden Drum Major awards for two employees who have demonstrated the highest level of community service. The award winners won’t be announced until the ceremony.
For more information on the ceremony, including an interview with Lyles, visit: www.milwaukee.va.gov/features/MLK2013.asp .
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Pediatric Advocate to speak at Franklin Public Library
- Transplant Homes at Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center Receive Special Delivery
- HamBingo Thursday October 2 Benefiting Second Hand Purrs
- Brew City Pet Services Attends International Pet-Sitter Conference
- Oktoberfest - Saturday, October 18th FREE Admission!
- RED HOT MAMA! A Tribute to Sophie Tucker (featuring Becky Spice)
- Paranormal Investigators of Milwaukee to Speak About All Things Ghostly
- Come Experience Wisconsin’s Most Haunted with Chad Lewis
- ABC News Anchor Dan Harris Featured as Keynote Speaker for 2014 Alverno Community Conference
- Greenfield High School Cheerleaders 3rd Annual Rummage Sale