Looking to boost club enrollment? Toastmasters to hold public service announcement seminar
Is your civic group or club looking to retain or boost membership? Seeking another way to quickly get the word out on your group?
The Allis Chalmers Toastmasters will hold a seminar 9:30 a.m. to noon Jan. 26 to outline ways to write and record testimonials or public service announcements. Non-profit groups are welcomed to attend the event and learn more about PSAs and testimonials – and even have the opportunity to record their own.
Staffing and volunteer demands placed upon members of non-profits may make it difficult to find the time to focus on a quick testimonial to help bring in new members or increase group awareness in the Milwaukee area. This seminar represents a way to start working on those efforts in a collaborative environment.
The event will be held at Village Manor Park, 8621 W. Beloit Road, West Allis. Cost is $10.
The event starts at 9:30 a.m. with coffee, donuts and bagels, and recording sessions begin at 10 a.m. A short session will be given at 9:30 a.m. for those seeking a basic outline of what their PSA should look like and advice on writing a script.
If enough demand exists, a second session may be held.
A few specifics of the event:
• The event is intended to video record Toastmasters or non-Toastmasters public service announcements and testimonials of from 10 seconds to 2 minutes in length for websites and radio and television broadcast.
• Each contestant or group of actors will have 5 changes to record his or her PSA or testimonial from beginning to end. After making multiple recordings of the same PSA or testimonial, you can replay each recording and select the recording you like best.
• There will be three camera backgrounds from which you can choose: A Toastmaster logo-ed background, a white background, and a green screen background. Don't know what a green screen background is? Check out this video for more information about what a green screen background is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8uomlkkXCE
• Following the session, videos can be placed on YouTube upon request.
Those wishing to record a PSA must reserve a spot, and note that they are limited to four recordings per session. Those wishing to RSVP, or for more questions: email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin Public Library Children’s Department adds
- The Great Decisions Series is a Great Decision at the Franklin Public Library
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Alverno College Will Hold its 150th Commencement on December 19 and 20
- Greenfield Schools Kick off "Holiday Sharing" Event
- 2015 Greenfield Little League Registration Now Open
- With Holidays Upon Us, BBB Offers Travel Insurance Tips
- 6th Annual Greenfield Library Holiday Bake Sale on December 13
- FREE New Years Resolution Tranformation
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive