A record number of swimmers and families attended and then joined the new Schroeder South YMCA Swim Team after a recent tryout held at Greendale High School Pool.
"We're really please with the turnout given this busy time of year for families, but we still have some openings," said Robert White, Jr., head coach of Schroeder South. "Kids ages 6 to 14 can tryout by coming to the Greendale High School pool Wed. evenings at 6:00 p.m. They have to be able to swim a length of the pool, which is 25 yards freestyle or front crawl."
Coach White added that Schroeder South swimmers are trained by full-time, professional coaches, and that the kids are already gaining confidence at practice while they have fun making new friends.
Coming attractions for the new team include: Holiday Relays at the Dec. 19th practice and the first swimming meet of the new year, the Oddball Challenge Jan. 12 - 13, 2013.
For more information about the new Schroeder South program at Greendale HS, contact Bob or Ann White at (414) 897-8932 or Dan Heraly at (414) 979-9163.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin Public Library Children’s Department adds
- The Great Decisions Series is a Great Decision at the Franklin Public Library
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Alverno College Will Hold its 150th Commencement on December 19 and 20
- Greenfield Schools Kick off "Holiday Sharing" Event
- 2015 Greenfield Little League Registration Now Open
- With Holidays Upon Us, BBB Offers Travel Insurance Tips
- 6th Annual Greenfield Library Holiday Bake Sale on December 13
- FREE New Years Resolution Tranformation
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive