A record number of swimmers and families attended and then joined the new Schroeder South YMCA Swim Team after a recent tryout held at Greendale High School Pool.
"We're really please with the turnout given this busy time of year for families, but we still have some openings," said Robert White, Jr., head coach of Schroeder South. "Kids ages 6 to 14 can tryout by coming to the Greendale High School pool Wed. evenings at 6:00 p.m. They have to be able to swim a length of the pool, which is 25 yards freestyle or front crawl."
Coach White added that Schroeder South swimmers are trained by full-time, professional coaches, and that the kids are already gaining confidence at practice while they have fun making new friends.
Coming attractions for the new team include: Holiday Relays at the Dec. 19th practice and the first swimming meet of the new year, the Oddball Challenge Jan. 12 - 13, 2013.
For more information about the new Schroeder South program at Greendale HS, contact Bob or Ann White at (414) 897-8932 or Dan Heraly at (414) 979-9163.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield Actress Performs in Acacia Theatre's "Opal"
- Fourth of July, Festa Italiana, Good Health and Good Deeds … All Together!
- Neighborhood Block Party
- Milwaukee IndyFest Returns to The Milwaukee Mile July 11-12
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Annual Flag Day at The Berkshire of Greendale
- WAMI WINNER SCOTT E. BERENDT & THE US PROJECT TO PERFORM AT FOURTH OF JULY COMMUNITY BASH
- Get Pop-Cultured with Barnes & Noble Greenfield, WI
- Marching Band Competition at New Berlin Eisenhower High School
- Let's Prevent Another Chemical Incident