Verizon Wireless “Hope For The Holidays Toy Drive” to Benefit Children of Domestic Violence Survivors
Verizon Wireless has announced the kickoff of its “Hope for the Holidays Toy Drive.” The drive will benefit domestic violence agencies throughout the state of Wisconsin, including Sojourner Family Peace Center in Milwaukee. With a simple donation, residents have a chance to impact the life of a child in need this holiday season.
Donations can be made through Saturday, Dec. 15 at any participating Verizon Wireless Communications Store in the Milwaukee area during regular business hours. For a complete listing of store locations where items can be donated to Sojourner Family Peace Center, please see below.
Donated gifts may include items such as coloring books, crayons, board games, cars/trucks, dolls, action figures, stuffed animals, arts and crafts kits, and G-rated DVDs. All donations must be new, packaged and unwrapped.
“Children are often the forgotten victims of domestic violence,” said T.J. Fox, region president, Verizon Wireless. “Those living in and supported by the domestic violence shelters and service organizations need love and support. By making a small donation of a new toy, people can help make the holiday season special for a child impacted by domestic violence.”
• 5790 N. Port Washington Road, Glendale
• 17550 W. Bluemound Road, Brookfield
• 6531 S. 27th St., Franklin
• 4965 S. 76th St., Greenfield
• N95 W18141 Appleton Ave., Menomonee Falls
• 2711 N. Mayfair Road, Wauwatosa
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- CigarMKE SPRING FLING EVENT - FEBRUARY 21ST
- Grand Opening of this New & Unique Shop Destination Shop to Carrie On
- Children's Resale at Franklin Library
- Understanding the Journey of Grief...Making Healing Choices Along the Way
- SeniorCare Resource Group of WI March Seminar
- Collaborative Divorce Group to hold Second Saturday workshop April 12th 10am-Noon Oak Creek Community Center
- Holocaust Remembrance Service at Alverno College
- Alverno College’s Poll Worker Project Wins State-wide Award
- Alverno College students to “Stuff the Bus” a third time to help homeless
- Tony Memmel Band in concert with Sheboygan Symphony March 15, 2014