Two-hundred nineteen students will walk across the Alverno College Pitman Theatre stage on May 19 at 2 p.m. to receive their undergraduate degrees. Twenty-nine master’s candidates will receive their degrees from Alverno on Friday, May 18, at 7:30 p.m., in Alverno’s Wehr Hall.
Commencement activities for undergraduates will begin with an 11 a.m. liturgy in the Alverno College chapel, followed by a brunch for degree candidates and their families. The undergraduate commencement introduction will be given by Stephanie Gregory, who will receive a Bachelor of Arts degree in Marketing; the undergraduate invocation will be given by Cheryl Means, who will receive a Bachelor of Arts degree in Community Leadership; and the student address, “The Woman Behind the Table,” will be given by Vanessa Vasquez, who will receive a Bachelor of Arts degree in Women in Gender Studies. The graduate commencement invocation will be given by Erica Weber, who will receive a Master of Arts in Education. A champagne reception will follow the graduate commencement ceremony. Gregory, Means, Vasquez and Weber are all Milwaukee residents.
About Alverno College
Alverno College, a four-year independent, Catholic, liberal arts college for women, exists to promote the personal and professional development of its students. Founded in 1887 by the School Sisters of St. Francis, the college has earned accolades and respect internationally for its
highly effective ability-based, assessment-as-learning approach to education, and has consulted with three U.S. presidential administrations on accountability and outcomes in higher education. For two years in a row, Alverno College has been ranked first in the Midwest for doing “the best job of educating undergrads” by U.S. News & World Report. Educators from throughout the world visit Alverno to learn about its proven, student-centered teaching methods.
Alverno offers more than 35 major program areas of study, including graduate programs in education, nursing, community psychology and business that are open to women and men. For more information about Alverno, visit our Web site at www.alverno.edu or call 414-382-6100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Transplant Homes at Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center Receive Special Delivery
- HamBingo Thursday October 2 Benefiting Second Hand Purrs
- Brew City Pet Services Attends International Pet-Sitter Conference
- Oktoberfest - Saturday, October 18th FREE Admission!
- RED HOT MAMA! A Tribute to Sophie Tucker (featuring Becky Spice)
- Paranormal Investigators of Milwaukee to Speak About All Things Ghostly
- Come Experience Wisconsin’s Most Haunted with Chad Lewis
- ABC News Anchor Dan Harris Featured as Keynote Speaker for 2014 Alverno Community Conference
- Greenfield High School Cheerleaders 3rd Annual Rummage Sale
- rummage and craft sale