“The Butler Did It” opens April 13 in Wauwatosa; Produced by Village Playhouse of Wauwatosa
Did the butler do it?
You’ll have to come and find out when Village Playhouse of Wauwatosa presents the murder mystery/comedy “The Butler Did It,” opening Friday, April 13, in Wauwatosa. The play, written by Tim Kelly, will be performed at 7:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, April 13 and 14, and on the following weekend, April 20 and 21. Additionally, there will be a matinee performance at 2:30 p.m. on April 14. All performances are at Christ King Church, 2604 N. Swan Boulevard, Wauwatosa, with the entrance on 91st St.
“The Butler Did It” is a spoof on detective mystery dramas like those of Agatha Christie, with an American flavor. The setting is the drawing room of the Ravenswood Manor on Turkey Island, off the coast of San Francisco, where hostess “Miss Maple” invites seven detective writers to portray their favorite characters.
In the play Miss Maple has planned a wide range of events which will appeal to her guests -- a mysterious voice on the radio, a menacing face at the window, and a mad killer on the loose. (All in good fun, she presupposes.) Then a real murder takes place and the search for the culprit is on. The play, suitable for all ages, is “zany fun,” says director Laura LaPinske.
Portraying Miss Maple is Victoria Heckman, with Judy Lee Tarbox as her maid, Haversham. Other actors are: Paul Weir - Detective Chandler Marlowe, Pamela Stein - Rita Eyelesbarrow, Art Carter – Father White, Robyn Beckley – Laura Carlyle, Tom Wessell – Rick Carlyle, Jaime Jastrab – Peter Flimsey, Sam Shelby – Charity Haze, and Josh Klingman – Louis Fan.
Tickets for all performances are $15 – adults, $13 – students and seniors. For groups of 10 or more, tickets are $12 each, if reserved in advance. For other information about the play or Village Playhouse of Wauwatosa, visit the website: www.villageplayhouse.org. To order tickets, please call Bob at 414-207-4879 or email email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Annual Cudahy High School Alumni Basketball Tournament
- 25 Day Til Christmas Transformation Challenge
- BBB Offers Tips to Black Friday Shoppers
- Prasser-Kleczka is donating to Hunger Task Force but we need YOUR help!
- Greendale Christmas Tree Lot to Open November 28th
- Local music teacher to perform in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- 2015 GET FIT Workshop - Wilson Senior Center
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army