The Milwaukee Concert Band presents American Variations on Sunday, March 4, at 1:00pm, at the Mitchell Park Domes (524 South Layton Boulevard, Milwaukee).
Enjoy a variety of music, including The Erie Canal arranged by Maurice C. Whitney; Aaron Copland’s Hoe Down from Rodeo; Smoky Mountain Suite by Theron Kirk; John Klor’s The Soaring Eagle March; Toy Tiger by Henry Mancini and Herman Stein; Jerry H. Bilik’s American Variations; and Train Ride from Winter Holiday by Sergei Prokofieff.
The concert is free with paid admission to the Domes. For more information, contact Theresa Moniot, Band President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Milwaukee Concert Band was formed in 1940 as part of the Civic Music Association. It was first named the “Young People’s Symphonic Band,” then it was renamed the “Civic Symphonic Band” in 1946. On March 1, 1996, the Band incorporated as the “Milwaukee Concert Band.” The Band has appeared in all of the concert stages in the Milwaukee Metropolitan area, and has appeared with many local and national artists throughout its history.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MIAW Pro Wrestling Returns to Papa Luigi's
- Former Milwaukee Mayor John Norquist, Venice Williams of Alice’s Garden and more to lead the 2015 Alverno Community Conference
- Stephanie Marie Dance Company and City of Greenfield Parks and Recreation Welcome All-Star Dancer and Choreographer Stephen “tWitch” Boss
- INTERFAITH HOSTING ANNUAL NEIGHBORHOOD OUTREACH FUNDRAISER TO SUPPORT SENIORS IN THE COMMUNITY
- Two Brothers One Mind are Bringing the Midwest Monthly Magic Circuit to Milwaukee!!
- Legacy Pro Wrestling Presents: Tag Team Warfare
- Airport seeks volunteers at information desk
- United Performing Arts Fund Announces 2016 Campaign Co-Chairs
- Prepare Plumbing for Cool Weather
- Santa's Coming to Gift of Wings