The Milwaukee Concert Band presents American Variations on Sunday, March 4, at 1:00pm, at the Mitchell Park Domes (524 South Layton Boulevard, Milwaukee).
Enjoy a variety of music, including The Erie Canal arranged by Maurice C. Whitney; Aaron Copland’s Hoe Down from Rodeo; Smoky Mountain Suite by Theron Kirk; John Klor’s The Soaring Eagle March; Toy Tiger by Henry Mancini and Herman Stein; Jerry H. Bilik’s American Variations; and Train Ride from Winter Holiday by Sergei Prokofieff.
The concert is free with paid admission to the Domes. For more information, contact Theresa Moniot, Band President, at email@example.com.
The Milwaukee Concert Band was formed in 1940 as part of the Civic Music Association. It was first named the “Young People’s Symphonic Band,” then it was renamed the “Civic Symphonic Band” in 1946. On March 1, 1996, the Band incorporated as the “Milwaukee Concert Band.” The Band has appeared in all of the concert stages in the Milwaukee Metropolitan area, and has appeared with many local and national artists throughout its history.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- 29th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Milwaukee Hamilton Class of 1975, 40th Reunion
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Wilson Senior Center Travel Outing - Peter and the Starcatcher at the Rep on May 13
- Exploring Health Innovations Inspired by the Care of Military Personnel