The Milwaukee Concert Band presents American Variations on Sunday, March 4, at 1:00pm, at the Mitchell Park Domes (524 South Layton Boulevard, Milwaukee).
Enjoy a variety of music, including The Erie Canal arranged by Maurice C. Whitney; Aaron Copland’s Hoe Down from Rodeo; Smoky Mountain Suite by Theron Kirk; John Klor’s The Soaring Eagle March; Toy Tiger by Henry Mancini and Herman Stein; Jerry H. Bilik’s American Variations; and Train Ride from Winter Holiday by Sergei Prokofieff.
The concert is free with paid admission to the Domes. For more information, contact Theresa Moniot, Band President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Milwaukee Concert Band was formed in 1940 as part of the Civic Music Association. It was first named the “Young People’s Symphonic Band,” then it was renamed the “Civic Symphonic Band” in 1946. On March 1, 1996, the Band incorporated as the “Milwaukee Concert Band.” The Band has appeared in all of the concert stages in the Milwaukee Metropolitan area, and has appeared with many local and national artists throughout its history.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How to Choose a Trustworthy Plumber
- Blessing of Bikers and Bikes
- Greenfield Youth Basketball Club Tryouts (Boys)
- WOW! Women of Wisconsin Exhibit to Open at Alverno College
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Character Education Recognized in South Milwaukee: South Milwaukee School District Earns State District of Character Award
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- New Study Spaces at Franklin Public Library
- New Home for Uncle Ned's Consignment Liquidation & Estate Sales, LLC
- Franklin Public Library Author Talk with Carrie Reichartz