Greenfield High School will be holding its annual Salute to the Arts performances at the GHS Performing Arts Center on Friday, February 10th at 7pm and Saturday, February 11th at 2pm and again at 7pm. Tickets for the performances are $5 each and can be purchased at the door one hour prior to each show.
Each year students rehearse instrumental, vocal, and dance numbers to showcase their many performance talents. Included in this year’s show are many different styles of music and dance, along with juggling, manipulative art, and much more. Many of the students will perform original pieces, while others will perform cover versions of popular and Broadway songs. Also included this year will be displays of two-dimensional, three-dimensional, and photographic art by the GHS art classes in the lobby.
This show is always special to the students involved because a majority of the creativity comes from within the students instead of from a director or teacher giving them instructions. Students must provide their own music, costumes, supplies, and choreography. They also write the script for the show themselves.
For questions or more information about the show, please call 414-281-6200 ext. 2531 and leave a message.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT FOR CIGARMKE'S FEBRUARY EVENT
- House of Love Celebration '15 Is Almost Here!
- BBB Top 10 Scams of 2014
- Greendale Students Meet Senator Lazich
- 2nd Annual Bulldog Bash
- Work At Home Scam Targets College Students
- Callen Construction Recognized by Houzz
- Second Planning Mtg. for Hales Corners Chamber's Awards Banquet
- 8U Zone Baseball Looking To Fill Out Its Roster
- Greenfield, WI 3rd Grader Named Top 10 Finalist in SCOTTIES National Trees Rock Video Contest