Greenfield High School will be holding its annual Salute to the Arts performances at the GHS Performing Arts Center on Friday, February 10th at 7pm and Saturday, February 11th at 2pm and again at 7pm. Tickets for the performances are $5 each and can be purchased at the door one hour prior to each show.
Each year students rehearse instrumental, vocal, and dance numbers to showcase their many performance talents. Included in this year’s show are many different styles of music and dance, along with juggling, manipulative art, and much more. Many of the students will perform original pieces, while others will perform cover versions of popular and Broadway songs. Also included this year will be displays of two-dimensional, three-dimensional, and photographic art by the GHS art classes in the lobby.
This show is always special to the students involved because a majority of the creativity comes from within the students instead of from a director or teacher giving them instructions. Students must provide their own music, costumes, supplies, and choreography. They also write the script for the show themselves.
For questions or more information about the show, please call 414-281-6200 ext. 2531 and leave a message.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin Public Library Children’s Department adds
- The Great Decisions Series is a Great Decision at the Franklin Public Library
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Alverno College Will Hold its 150th Commencement on December 19 and 20
- Greenfield Schools Kick off "Holiday Sharing" Event
- 2015 Greenfield Little League Registration Now Open
- With Holidays Upon Us, BBB Offers Travel Insurance Tips
- 6th Annual Greenfield Library Holiday Bake Sale on December 13
- FREE New Years Resolution Tranformation
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive