Greenfield High School will be holding its annual Salute to the Arts performances at the GHS Performing Arts Center on Friday, February 10th at 7pm and Saturday, February 11th at 2pm and again at 7pm. Tickets for the performances are $5 each and can be purchased at the door one hour prior to each show.
Each year students rehearse instrumental, vocal, and dance numbers to showcase their many performance talents. Included in this year’s show are many different styles of music and dance, along with juggling, manipulative art, and much more. Many of the students will perform original pieces, while others will perform cover versions of popular and Broadway songs. Also included this year will be displays of two-dimensional, three-dimensional, and photographic art by the GHS art classes in the lobby.
This show is always special to the students involved because a majority of the creativity comes from within the students instead of from a director or teacher giving them instructions. Students must provide their own music, costumes, supplies, and choreography. They also write the script for the show themselves.
For questions or more information about the show, please call 414-281-6200 ext. 2531 and leave a message.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Help clients plan and prepare for a retirement that is both financially and emotionally successful
- SM Historical Society "Decorating for the Holidays" Seminar
- A Nostalgic Afternoon
- Julius Jr. Experience Comes to Greendale at Southridge Mall on Sept. 20
- Nancy's Run, Rock & Stroll- Saturday September 20th!!
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Alverno College highest in the state in its “Strong Commitment to Teaching” category for the fifth consecutive year
- Tool Time at the St. Francis Library
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- Local Youth Advocate Attends Anti-Tobacco Training in Washington, D.C.
- Local Wins Gold Award for Middle-Grade Book, 'George Knows'.