Greenfield High School will be holding its annual Salute to the Arts performances at the GHS Performing Arts Center on Friday, February 10th at 7pm and Saturday, February 11th at 2pm and again at 7pm. Tickets for the performances are $5 each and can be purchased at the door one hour prior to each show.
Each year students rehearse instrumental, vocal, and dance numbers to showcase their many performance talents. Included in this year’s show are many different styles of music and dance, along with juggling, manipulative art, and much more. Many of the students will perform original pieces, while others will perform cover versions of popular and Broadway songs. Also included this year will be displays of two-dimensional, three-dimensional, and photographic art by the GHS art classes in the lobby.
This show is always special to the students involved because a majority of the creativity comes from within the students instead of from a director or teacher giving them instructions. Students must provide their own music, costumes, supplies, and choreography. They also write the script for the show themselves.
For questions or more information about the show, please call 414-281-6200 ext. 2531 and leave a message.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Blessing of Bikers and Bikes
- Greenfield Youth Basketball Club Tryouts (Boys)
- WOW! Women of Wisconsin Exhibit to Open at Alverno College
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Character Education Recognized in South Milwaukee: South Milwaukee School District Earns State District of Character Award
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- New Study Spaces at Franklin Public Library
- New Home for Uncle Ned's Consignment Liquidation & Estate Sales, LLC
- Franklin Public Library Author Talk with Carrie Reichartz
- National Youth Wind Orchestra of Luxembourg to perform