Greenfield High School will be holding its annual Salute to the Arts performances at the GHS Performing Arts Center on Friday, February 10th at 7pm and Saturday, February 11th at 2pm and again at 7pm. Tickets for the performances are $5 each and can be purchased at the door one hour prior to each show.
Each year students rehearse instrumental, vocal, and dance numbers to showcase their many performance talents. Included in this year’s show are many different styles of music and dance, along with juggling, manipulative art, and much more. Many of the students will perform original pieces, while others will perform cover versions of popular and Broadway songs. Also included this year will be displays of two-dimensional, three-dimensional, and photographic art by the GHS art classes in the lobby.
This show is always special to the students involved because a majority of the creativity comes from within the students instead of from a director or teacher giving them instructions. Students must provide their own music, costumes, supplies, and choreography. They also write the script for the show themselves.
For questions or more information about the show, please call 414-281-6200 ext. 2531 and leave a message.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- JB’s on 41 Renews Commitment to Community with Family-Friendly Food Drive and Bowling for Veterans Program
- Hallman Lindsay opens West Allis Store
- 6th grade basketball team in in of players
- VMP Manor Park Pumpkin Smash
- Franklin Lioness Fair Set for Oct. 25 at MATC's Oak Creek Campus; Proceeds Benefit MATC Scholarships
- West Allis Pastor and Music Director Perform Concert in Sweden
- "Identity Theft" presented by Educators Credit Union
- Acacia Theatre's "Fish Eyes" Has Greenfield Assistant Stage Manager
- Honoring Our Heroes This Veteran’s Day at the Franklin Public Library
- Young Life Wauwatosa at Pizzeria Picola and Yo Mama's!