One-hundred eighty-four students will walk across the Alverno College Pitman Theatre stage (39th St. and Morgan Ave.) on December 17 at 2 p.m. to receive their undergraduate degrees. Forty-one master’s candidates will receive their degrees from Alverno on Friday, December 16, at 7:30 p.m., in Alverno’s Wehr Hall, 4100 W. Morgan Avenue.
Commencement activities for undergraduates will begin with an 11 a.m. liturgy in the Alverno College chapel, followed by a brunch for degree candidates and their families. The undergraduate commencement introduction will be given by Mara Henningsen, who will receive a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business and Management; the undergraduate invocation will be given by Margaret Wambui, who will receive a Bachelor of Arts degree in Management Accounting; and the student address, “Scissors Are Sharp,” will be given by Susan Russ-Belhumeur, who will receive a Bachelor of Arts degree in Community Leadership. The graduate commencement invocation will be given by Michelle Westrich, who will receive a Master of Science in Nursing Education. A champagne reception will follow the graduate commencement ceremony. Russ-Belhumeur and Henningsen are Milwaukee residents, Wambui is from Kenya, and Westrich is from Racine.
About Alverno College
Alverno College, a four-year independent, Catholic, liberal arts college for women, exists to promote the personal and professional development of its students. The college has earned accolades and respect internationally for its highly effective ability-based, assessment-as-learning approach to education, and has consulted with three U.S. presidential administrations on accountability and outcomes in higher education. Educators from throughout the world visit Alverno to learn about its proven, student-centered teaching methods.
Alverno offers more than 35 major program areas of study, including graduate programs in education, nursing, business and community psychology that are open to women and men. For more information about Alverno, visit our Web site at www.alverno.edu or call 414-382-6100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Wisconsin Bank & Trust to Host Open House Events in Celebration of Merger with Community Bank & Trust
- WASBO Honors School District of Greenfield
- BBB WGA Offers Tips to Avoid Donor Deception
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- Ascend Dermatology debuts new brand identity at ten locations across SE Wisconsin