The Wisconsin Association of School Boards (WASB) is proud to announce that Ava Wisniewski of Elm Dale Elementary School won the second- and third-grade division of the 2011 WASB Write and Illustrate Your Own Book Contest.
Ava won for her wonderful book The Amzaing Story of Max. Remarkably, this is the second time that Ava has placed first in her division of the contest! She took first place in the kindergarten and first-grade division last year with her book Lilly Makes a Splash.
Each year the contest recognizes the outstanding talents of our state’s students through cash prizes and recognition at state education events.
“Write a compelling story, accompany it with original illustrations and then bind the final product into an attractive book — this is the challenge we issue to youngsters who participate in this project,” WASB Executive Director John Ashley said. “The project supports creativity and fosters entrepreneurial potential, which are 21st century imperatives for public education.”
Winners were honored during the WASB’s fall regional meetings. Held in 15 locations around the state during September and October, these meetings bring together school board members and district administrators to discuss educational issues. Winning books will also be displayed at the annual State Education Convention, held Jan. 18-20, 2012 in Milwaukee.
WASB would like to thank the Wisconsin State Reading Association for judging the entries and J.P. Cullen & Sons, Inc for supporting this year’s contest.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Packer Party at P&A Nails!
- Oktoberfest Festival at St. Martin of Tours
- Stan’s Fit For Your Feet Promotes Sajdak and Names Kim Marketing Coordinator
- Tudor Oaks is hosting a Job Fair
- Educational Foundation Kid's Clothes Resale
- Whitnall High School student awarded BEST OF SHOW for photography at the 2015 WI State Fair.
- Special Used Children’s Book Sale in the Book Nook
- Root River Theatre Company Needs You
- PROCare Promotes Healhty Habits for Back to School