Traditional beloved carols and hymns, performed in the breathtaking Basilica of St. Josaphat, make for the perfect beginning to every family's holiday season. Bel Canto Chorus, Bel Canto Boy Choirs, and the Milwaukee Handbell Ensemble will fill the Basilica with song, bringing the music of Christmas to vivid, joyful life.
There will be two performances of Bel Canto Chorus Presents Christmas in the Basilica.
Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 7:30 PM and Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 3:00 PM. The Basilica of St. Josaphat is at 2333 S. 6th Street in Milwaukee.
There are two areas of General Admission seating. Tier 1 is the front 2/3rds of the Basilica and Tier 2 is the rear 3rd.
Ticket prices are:
Tier 1 $30 adult, $27 Senior (65+) or Student
Tier 2 $25 adult, $22 Senior (65+) or Student
Tickets can be ordered online at www.belcanto.org or by calling the Bel Canto Chorus box office at (414) 481-8801.
Bel Canto Chorus is Milwaukee’s premier independent choral organization. Founded in 1931, the mission of Bel Canto Chorus is to enrich the lives of its audiences and its singing members through the outstanding live presentation of the finest choral music, and to reach out to the community in order to share the benefits and joy of the singing arts.
The Bel Canto Chorus is made up of mostly volunteer singers from cities and towns throughout southeastern Wisconsin and northeastern Illinois. While some of the members of Bel Canto are professional musicians, most come from a variety of other professions - they are educators, accountants, doctors, lawyers, business leaders, full-time homemakers, etc. They share a talent for singing and enjoy participating in Bel Canto because of their love of music-making, the camaraderie of the group, and the leadership of Bel Canto's Music Director, Richard Hynson. They are drawn to Bel Canto by the excellence and artistry of Hynson's conducting, the quality of the music-making, and the opportunity to perform a repertoire that is both familiar and new to them.
Singers are expected to attend one evening rehearsal per week, from late August through early May, with additional rehearsal requirements immediately prior to concert performances. The main rehearsal site is at MYAC (Milwaukee Youth Arts Center) in downtown Milwaukee, and regular rehearsals occur on Wednesday evenings.
Auditions for the Bel Canto Chorus are usually held in August and January. for more information call 414-481-8801 or visit online www.belcanto.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- 29th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Milwaukee Hamilton Class of 1975, 40th Reunion
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Wilson Senior Center Travel Outing - Peter and the Starcatcher at the Rep on May 13
- Exploring Health Innovations Inspired by the Care of Military Personnel