This August, Harbour Village, a Senior Lifestyle Community in Greendale, will launch Brain Health University, a unique program designed to contribute to a brain-healthy lifestyle that stimulates engagement through novelty, variety, and challenge. Brain Health University offers a curriculum of 30 programs within a 60 day period. The purpose of these selected classes is to demonstrate that brain health and cognitive engagement can be pursued through an assortment of experiences and lifestyle choices. Senior Lifestyle Corporation, a leader in the senior housing industry, is dedicated to creating a brain health culture that celebrates aging as a time for growth and expression.
Director of Resident Programming, Jessica Hamilton emphasizes, “Brain health can be sought at any age. Participants will learn about and experience practices that can aid brain health. These activities can support an independent lifestyle, promote greater quality of life and enhance cognitive abilities to help us function in a complex world.”
In order for residents to receive a certificate of completion from Brain Health University they are required to complete 18 of the 30 offered courses. A pre-course and post-course assessment is offered. Participants who complete the requirements are celebrated and receive a certificate of completion. Brain Health University classes include physical activity, nutritional information, sleep hygiene, stress management, cognitive stimulation and social interaction.
Please call Jessica Hamilton at (414) 433-9310 for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Wisconsin Bank & Trust to Host Open House Events in Celebration of Merger with Community Bank & Trust
- WASBO Honors School District of Greenfield
- BBB WGA Offers Tips to Avoid Donor Deception
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- Ascend Dermatology debuts new brand identity at ten locations across SE Wisconsin