This August, Harbour Village, a Senior Lifestyle Community in Greendale, will launch Brain Health University, a unique program designed to contribute to a brain-healthy lifestyle that stimulates engagement through novelty, variety, and challenge. Brain Health University offers a curriculum of 30 programs within a 60 day period. The purpose of these selected classes is to demonstrate that brain health and cognitive engagement can be pursued through an assortment of experiences and lifestyle choices. Senior Lifestyle Corporation, a leader in the senior housing industry, is dedicated to creating a brain health culture that celebrates aging as a time for growth and expression.
Director of Resident Programming, Jessica Hamilton emphasizes, “Brain health can be sought at any age. Participants will learn about and experience practices that can aid brain health. These activities can support an independent lifestyle, promote greater quality of life and enhance cognitive abilities to help us function in a complex world.”
In order for residents to receive a certificate of completion from Brain Health University they are required to complete 18 of the 30 offered courses. A pre-course and post-course assessment is offered. Participants who complete the requirements are celebrated and receive a certificate of completion. Brain Health University classes include physical activity, nutritional information, sleep hygiene, stress management, cognitive stimulation and social interaction.
Please call Jessica Hamilton at (414) 433-9310 for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How to Choose a Trustworthy Plumber
- Blessing of Bikers and Bikes
- Greenfield Youth Basketball Club Tryouts (Boys)
- WOW! Women of Wisconsin Exhibit to Open at Alverno College
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Character Education Recognized in South Milwaukee: South Milwaukee School District Earns State District of Character Award
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- New Study Spaces at Franklin Public Library
- New Home for Uncle Ned's Consignment Liquidation & Estate Sales, LLC
- Franklin Public Library Author Talk with Carrie Reichartz