The Franklin Force U14 Girls Softball Team went undefeated this weekend in winning the New Berlin Magic Tournament. The girls started playing Friday, July 8th and went 3 and 0. They played early Friday with a convincing win over the Oak Creek Queen of Diamonds. The second game pitted the Force against the host team New Berlin Magic. The last game on Friday the Force taking on the Muskego Hornets.
Saturday's action started with the Force being one of the top seeds after pool play. They began play against the Mequon Heat. Franklin outscored the Heat to keep advancing in the single elimination part of the tournament. The second game saw the Force outduel Whitnall and eliminated Whitnall from the tournament.
After beating Whitnall it was time to play for the championship against the Germantown Thunder. The Force jumped on Germantown's opening pitcher for some early runs and forced Germantown to change pitchers in the second inning. The Force ahead through the entire game could not put the Thunder away until the last inning, with the final being 16-12.
The Franklin Force U14 Team consists of girls from all over Southeast Wisconsin.
The team Natalie Burton, Kayla Culbertson-Kuntner, Breanna Guenther, Tyler Jeschke, Heather Justus, Stephanie Lombardo, Kienna Matus, Sierra Pope, Robyn Radovich, Carrie Siekierski, Melissa Wiorek, Katie Zakszewski.
The team is coached by Curtis Justus, Joe Kuntner, and Pat Zakszewski.
Congratulations Franlin Force U14 for a great win!!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Governor Recognizes Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
- West Allis Central Class of 1979 Reunion
- Recycle Electronics to Benefit People with Disabilities
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show to Feature Clothing, Home Improvement Products
- Fall into Free Fun!
- 2015 U14 Wisconsin Warriors Baseball Tryouts!!
- Alverno College Names Wendy Powers Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
- Required School Supplies More than Families Can Afford
- Alverno College Appoints Eileen Sherman Dean of Business
- Second Saturday Aug 9 10am Oak Creek Community Center