Community Health Charities of Wisconsin announced today that their revenues are up an astounding 28 percent from last year, raising more than $2.733 million for their member charities.
“While charities around the country are saying ‘the new up is flat’, being up 28 percent is really a testament to a strategic transformation we set in motion five years ago,” says Gary Ross, PhD, President and CEO at Community Health Charities of Wisconsin. “We have slowly, deliberately and intentionally changed direction within our organization, focusing on our business and putting our members first. I’m proud to say it is working.”
Community Health Charities is not a fundraising entity, but an agent for their members in company giving campaigns. The organization provides a service to its members by putting them in front of employees in companies throughout Wisconsin.
“Having worked in the for-profit side of business for many years, I’ve been able to apply the knowledge I have gained as a corporate leader and business professor and incorporate it into a successful business plan for the non -profit world,” says Ross. “Change can be difficult, but it can be undertaken continually and incrementally if everyone stays focused on the same direction.”
Community Health Charities of Wisconsin is a federation of Wisconsin’s most trusted health care charities. CHCWI and its members work to connect employees to these organizations through workplace/employee contribution campaigns, in both the public and private sectors. Contributors to CHCWI make direct designation choices to the member charities. These contributions are passed to the charities that use them to fund local support, education and other programs for Wisconsin residents. For more information, call 414-918-9100 or visit www.healthcharities.org/wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin Public Library Children’s Department adds
- The Great Decisions Series is a Great Decision at the Franklin Public Library
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Alverno College Will Hold its 150th Commencement on December 19 and 20
- Greenfield Schools Kick off "Holiday Sharing" Event
- 2015 Greenfield Little League Registration Now Open
- With Holidays Upon Us, BBB Offers Travel Insurance Tips
- 6th Annual Greenfield Library Holiday Bake Sale on December 13
- FREE New Years Resolution Tranformation
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive