An evening of entertaining belly dancing, featuring Suzanna Del Vecchio, an award winning Oriental dance artist , as well as some of the region’s best professional Middle Eastern dancers is planned for Saturday, May 21, at 7:30 p.m. at the Tripoli Shrine Center, 3000 W. Wisconsin Avenue. It will follow an all-day workshop led by Del Vecchio for area dancers of all skill levels.
Del Vecchio performs internationally and has four videos. She is considered an innovator in her field of Oriental Dance and was awarded “Dancer of the Year” by the International Academy of Middle Eastern Dance in Los Angeles in 2001.
She will be joined by Shorewood resident Samantha Fairuz of Safar Dance Co. with studios in Bayview, Thiensville and Milwaukee; Denise Sedmak of Denai's Dancers of Greenfield, Kailan and Tamarind from Milwaukee; Sonya from Chicago; Mirah Ammal, Zahirah and Helen from Minneapolis; Tickets for the Saturday evening show are $14 in advance and $16 at the door.
The Saturday workshop is $60 in advance, and runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, May 21. An advanced Sunday workshop will be held at the Ramada City Centre in downtown Milwaukee from 11-3 a.m. on the 22nd, and is $40 in advance.
For more information and to find a registration form, visit www.SamanthaFairuz.com, or call 414-226-0070.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Wisconsin Bank & Trust to Host Open House Events in Celebration of Merger with Community Bank & Trust
- WASBO Honors School District of Greenfield
- BBB WGA Offers Tips to Avoid Donor Deception
- Alverno College Will Hold its 151st Commencement on May 22 and 23
- Ascend Dermatology debuts new brand identity at ten locations across SE Wisconsin