BROOKFIELD, Wis. – North Shore Bank today announced it will hold its fifth annual bank-wide Community Shredding Day on Saturday, May 7, from 9 a.m. to noon. People can stop by any of North Shore Bank’s over 40 Wisconsin branches – including the Milwaukee-area branches. Participants can also get information on how to protect themselves and their children from identity theft. Community Shredding Day is free and open to the public.
This year, anyone who takes the pledge to teach children to save money will also be entered in a drawing for a pair of tickets to see Taylor Swift live at the Bradley Center, a free one-night stay at Chula Vista Resort & Spa in Wisconsin Dells, VIP suite tickets to a Wisconsin Timber Rattlers baseball game and other prizes.
“This is the perfect time of year to do some spring cleaning and properly dispose of old or outdated personal documents that were simply stuffed in a box, desk drawer, or file” said Peggy Theisen, security officer for North Shore Bank. “Unfortunately, we’ve seen the consequences of identity theft when people simply toss their important papers out with the trash, and Shredding Day is a great opportunity to avoid that hardship. Protecting your child’s identity is just as important as protecting your own identity.”
While materials will be accepted at all North Shore Bank branches in the area, those who have larger quantities of papers for shredding (up to two boxes) are encouraged to visit one of five branches that will have shredding trucks and specialists on site.
Those locations are:
• Brookfield Square - 15700 W. Bluemound Rd. in Brookfield
• Fox Point - 600 E. Green Tree Rd. in Fox Point
• Grafton/Cedarburg - 2301 Wisconsin Ave. in Grafton (across from Sendik's)
• Southridge - 5101 S. 76th Street in Greendale
• Muskego - S74 W17095 Janesville Rd.
All shredded materials will then be recycled. Tips on how to prevent identity theft, how to decide what to keep or toss, and additional information about Community Shredding Day are available on the bank’s website and at any North Shore Bank office.
North Shore Bank, headquartered in Brookfield, is one of the strongest banks in the country. It has assets of nearly $1.8 billion and more than 40 offices throughout eastern Wisconsin, and northern Illinois. In addition to Ozaukee County, current Wisconsin branch locations are in metro Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha, Appleton, Menasha, the Green Bay area, Burlington, Union Grove, Muskego, and Door County. Locate a North Shore Bank office. You can also follow North Shore Bank on Facebook and Twitter.
The security of FDIC. The strength of North Shore Bank.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Home About Us Elections Blog News Alerts Media Contact Us Ken Skowronski Leads Fundraising Leading Into December 17th Special Election
- Ice Center Grand Opening Sunday Dec. 15
- Franklin Public Library extends Friday hours
- Enjoy Mount Hope's Candlelight Christmas Concert This Sunday
- Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- You're Invited!
- AWA Star "Baron Von Raschke"
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- MECA's Angels for Animals